Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-16-2021, 04:12 AM   #1051
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Use "View reading list," then select the books and use "Create Catalog."
Excellent, thank you!
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 11:37 AM   #1052
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
New Version Released

Version 1.7.2 - 16 Mar 2021
- Fix for delete list and tags_column=''

Same as last test version.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2021, 02:51 AM   #1053
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: I have only three lists. Is there any way to make the submenued lists (mainly the add and edit options) appear on the top level? I have "View list" already checked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-03-29 03_48_28.png
Views:	130
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	186198
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:11 AM   #1054
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Question: I have only three lists. Is there any way to make the submenued lists (mainly the add and edit options) appear on the top level? I have "View list" already checked.
Funnily enough that was exactly the feature I added recently to the plugin.

Go into Customise Plugin, select each list you want to appear on the top menu on the Lists tab, and tick the checkbox that says:
Move "View list" to the top level of the plugin menu for this list

Then click OK.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 07:19 AM   #1055
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes I have that checked, but it only works for View List.
Advert
Old 03-29-2021, 09:42 AM   #1056
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
yes I have that checked, but it only works for View List.
Oh sorry I missed that you were talking about the Add/Edit menus - indeed the functionality added was just for View. No good reason why the plugin couldn't be changed to use the same setting to apply to Add/Edit as well though. I only have one editable list so it is always at the top level for my own usage.
Old 03-29-2021, 08:35 PM   #1057
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I keep "Send to Device" as my default list for ease of access, but I rarely need to actually edit it.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:33 AM   #1058
kiwidude

Quote:
I keep "Send to Device" as my default list for ease of access, but I rarely need to actually edit it.
I am similar, I have keyboard shortcuts bound to the add and remove functions of my default list, and only use the menus for viewing. However I can understand if someone is managing multiple kindles/lists this isn't quite as convenient an option.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:44 AM   #1059
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have no objection to such a feature; but I also don't find it compelling enough to add it myself.

You can already put the options you want more on keyboard hot keys or in Favorites plugin.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:00 PM   #1060
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Hello everyone, I have been working on the translation of the plugin into Spanish. Here I leave images and the translated file.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	99
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	186369   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	102
Size:	132.1 KB
ID:	186370   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	98
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	186371   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	90
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	186372  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reading List in spanish.zip (159.3 KB, 86 views)
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:49 AM   #1061
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Unfortunately, there are a number of things in dunhill's version that are translated that shouldn't be.

Things like settings keys and search values plus unique_name and favourites_menu_unique_name settings that will break existing keyboard shortcuts and Favourites for Spanish users.

Plus some other things aren't translated (settings like 'Manually add/remove items' etc), but probably should be. Except that they require code changes to de-couple the displayed value from the saved value first.

Attached is an incomplete version that has some (but not all) of the un-translate changes and none of the de-coupling changes. That's just how far I got before running out of energy for it for now.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-05-2021 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 04-04-2021, 12:05 PM   #1062
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Unfortunately, there are a number of things in dunhill's version that are translated that shouldn't be.

Things like settings keys and search values plus unique_name and favourites_menu_unique_name settings that will break existing keyboard shortcuts and Favourites for Spanish users.

Plus some other things aren't translated (settings like 'Manually add/remove items' etc), but probably should be. Except that they require code changes to de-couple the displayed value from the saved value first.

Attached is an incomplete version that has some (but not all) of the un-translate changes and none of the de-coupling changes. That's just how far I got before running out of energy for it for now.

I will review it and upload it again. Thanks for the clarifications. strings (settings like 'Manually add / remove items' etc) are enclosed in [ ].
When translating them, they give me an error when testing the plugin.
How should I mark them?

Last edited by dunhill; 04-04-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:48 PM   #1063
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

There need to be code changes to de-couple the settings from the displayed names. My plan for the list settings is to do something like I did for FFF:
https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFa...lugin/prefs.py
https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFa...ugin/config.py

There are also several places in actions.py where unique_name and favourites_menu_unique_name need to untranslated while shortcut_name, tooltip, etc are translated.

I'll get to it in a day or two, but if you want to do it, feel free.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:04 PM   #1064
dunhill
Guru

I think he took it now.
Apparently everything translated, I leave it for review
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.png
Views:	98
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	186401   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	99
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	186402   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	92
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	186403   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	90
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	186404  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reading List spanish 2.zip (141.2 KB, 100 views)
Old 04-05-2021, 01:57 PM   #1065
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Looking at in more detail, some of my earlier assumptions were wrong and there were some more problems to deal with.

Settings like 'Manually add/remove items' etc did not need a bunch of code changes for translation--the saved settings were already using 'POPMANUAL' etc.

Favourites Plugin is not going to play nicely with translated strings. It just isn't designed to. So any existing Spanish language users who have Favourites items from RL are going to have to update their Favourites settings.

Keyboard shortcuts, on the other hand, can been kept by not translating the string used for unique_name. I've made those changes, but they are ugly because I don't know of any good way to have both the translated and untranslated strings available without duplicating them.

I'm not sure what tool dunhill used to find and wrap strings with _(), but in several places it wrapped more than one string that should have been separate. I think I've found them all, but it means there are more new strings that need translation for Spanish.

When testing translation code, I find it very helpful to have a fake language translation I call 'zz' included. It's just English with every translated string prefixed with 'zz' to make it easier for me to troubleshoot. I've included it in Reading List now.

Attached is a test version that (I think) has all the necessary code changes. It is missing a few Spanish translation strings now.

The messages.pot is in the zip and also available on github:
https://github.com/JimmXinu/JimmsOth...s/messages.pot

Last edited by JimmXinu; 04-10-2021 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version