Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2020, 04:42 PM   #1
lacasito
lacasito began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Kobo Forma .config file needed for Dropbox support

Hi, so I have a Kobo Libra H2O and I'm trying to turn the Dropbox feature on which only the Forma currently has. When I connect te ereader to the PC and go to .kobo, Kobo, Kobo eReader.conf I can see an option called kobo_dropbox_link_account and I can enable it, but to use it I need the website of the 'code generator' that pairs the ereader to the Dropbox account. There is another option called dropbox_link_account_poll which is empty, and I would really appreciate if a Forma owner could write what it says or send a screenshot. Maybe I'm wrong and that's just something else, but I just wanted to give it try. Thanks to anyone that can help me!
lacasito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 05:15 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Sorry, I can't help. I am fairly sure that there is nothing you can do on the device to enable this. I am fairly sure that part of the setup and operation happens on the Kobo servers and you won't be able to break that.

And I also won't help. You are basically asking us to pirate the software and break the licences associated with this. If you needed this function, you should have gotten a Forma.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:05 AM   #3
Steerider
Steerider began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin 3, Kobo Aura One
While @davidfor is likely correct, I do think it really stinks that Kobo is holding back this much-requested feature for people who shell out more hundreds for a new device. Kind of not liking their business model, quite frankly
Steerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:19 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerider View Post
While @davidfor is likely correct, I do think it really stinks that Kobo is holding back this much-requested feature for people who shell out more hundreds for a new device. Kind of not liking their business model, quite frankly
I take it that you feel that having your top end device have features that the lower end devices don't have is a bad business model? I suspect that most people expect a premium device to have some differentiators.

My laptop gets a 1920x1080 web cam, the lower models get a 1280x720. My car gets 4 extra speakers compared to immediately lower model in that series. A higher end Android tablet gets a 1920x1200 display while the mid end gets a 1280x800 display and the bargain unit gets a 1024x600 display.

And for what you call a "much-requested feature", I'm rather surprised that the Support for more cloud services: Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. thread is not busier.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:49 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
IMO it's pointless and I don't know a single reader that wants Dropbox, Google Drive etc. But then I don't even use Sync. It's fairly fast to find a place in a book with a short phrase. Can be faster than actually using sync.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:49 PM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
IMO it's pointless and I don't know a single reader that wants Dropbox, Google Drive etc. But then I don't even use Sync. It's fairly fast to find a place in a book with a short phrase. Can be faster than actually using sync.
There seem to be 2 posts of people wanting Dropbox in this thread (I assume they are readers).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:31 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Compared with number of other posts and number of people reading and not posting? I don't know who those posters are. I was considering actual people I know that read. None of them actually access this forum at all. Most ereader owners likely don't know that dropbox exists or that this forum exists.

Obviously some people will want it.

Last edited by Quoth; 12-03-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
config, dropbox, kobo forma, kobo libra h2o