Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #1
nirwin113
nirwin113 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
Two Fold Problem concerning Kindle Fire HD7 and Calibre

I have used Calibre in the past with my Nook Simple Touch. In January I bought a Kindle Fire HD 7 and wanted to add some of my books from Calibre to the Kindle. I hook my Kindle up USB to my computer, then go to Calibre but it does not recognize that the Kindle is there. I have tried to connect device but get a message that it is unable to connect because the device is busy.

What do I have to do to get Calibre to see the Kindle Fire HD 7? This is a non-rooted Kindle.
nirwin113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
What version of Windows are you running? Kindle Fire HD is seen as a media device, not a removable drive, and Calibre cannot detect it when running Windows XP. If you're on Windows XP, you may be able to get the work-around (http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=190982). If you have Windows 7, Calibre shoudl be able to see and utilize the Kindle Fire HD to transfer media.
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:59 AM   #3
nirwin113
nirwin113 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyFDR View Post
What version of Windows are you running? Kindle Fire HD is seen as a media device, not a removable drive, and Calibre cannot detect it when running Windows XP. If you're on Windows XP, you may be able to get the work-around (http://www.mobileread.mobi/forums/sh...d.php?t=190982). If you have Windows 7, Calibre shoudl be able to see and utilize the Kindle Fire HD to transfer media.
I'm running Windows 7 64bit, Home Premium ServicePk 1 and the latest upgrade of Calbre.
nirwin113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Hmm, I'm not sure the problem then. You may have more success posting this in the Kindle Fire HD forum (rather than the regular Kindle forum). Good luck!
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirwin113 View Post
I'm running Windows 7 64bit, Home Premium ServicePk 1 and the latest upgrade of Calbre.
I had the same problem with my FireHD 8.9, running Win7 x 64. I finally gave up and purchased/installed Calibre Companion which will accomplish the task via wifi -- no USB connection required. It is an excellent app and I now use it on all my devices to connect with Calibre.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle fire hd7