Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-16-2022, 03:10 PM   #1
Blaineoreski
Zealot
Blaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
Question Metadata - I Can SEE It in an Online Location With ALL the Juicy Metadata BUT...

Hi,

So, I've got this old obscure book.

I'd like to get the metadata from a popular online source.

Now, I can SEE the book there. But, try as I might - no combination of complete or incomplete nor ASIN number nor any combination of identifying information can get the

Download Metadata

to find the book there in this source, one which Calibre regularly grabs data for other books from.

So, my question - if I have the LINK to the book itself in an online library - rather than hoping Calibre can find the book, is there any way I can feed the link to Calibre so it knows right where to go to get the metadata I need?

Sincerely,

Blaine
Blaineoreski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 04:08 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You might want to copy/paste. I've done that with a few ebooks where the only decent metadata is found in a source that is not supported by calibre.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:24 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Blaineoreski: As @DNSB said, you may have to resort to doing it manually. But, if the metadata is on a site that there is a metadata source plugin for, then it should work. To help, we need details. Such as the books title and author and the site you are trying to get the metadata from. And whether you are getting any errors when trying to fetch the metadata.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:41 AM   #4
Blaineoreski
Zealot
Blaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverBlaineoreski exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
Hi DNSB & David,

Ah! Yep. Copypasta. Got it.

I'd post the link buuuuuut...the book is WEE controversial so... :P

Sounds like there's no way to feed the program the link directly - like "Go here." That's be a neat feature.

But, copy-paste is OK for me, too.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Blaine
Blaineoreski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:08 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaineoreski View Post
Hi DNSB & David,

Ah! Yep. Copypasta. Got it.

I'd post the link buuuuuut...the book is WEE controversial so... :P

Sounds like there's no way to feed the program the link directly - like "Go here." That's be a neat feature.

But, copy-paste is OK for me, too.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Blaine
Import List Plugin. You will need to make adjustments to the supplied templates or roll your own
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata