Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-12-2017, 06:32 AM   #1
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
Book crashes Nook app on iPad

I wasn't sure whether to put this here, in the B&N forum or in the Apple forum.

I imported an epub onto my iPad using CC. When I try to open the book with the Nook program, the app crashes. The same book opens fine with iBooks, Pocketbooks, Marvin, and MapleRead.

When I try to open to open the book, it looks like it is going to open - the title and authors name appear at the top of the screen and the spinning wheel with Loading appears, but then the app crashes and I am back on the home screen.

Any ideas, other than just use the other programs? By the way, the same book opens fine on my Nook 7in tablet, Nook Simple Touch, and Nook Glowlight Plus.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:34 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The book is in your calibre library, yes? Often doing an epub -> epub conversion in calibre will fix a "bad" book, for example ensuring that the book segments are not too large. Do the conversion then resend the book. I suggest you keep the original somewhere as a backup. Calibre will keep it as ORIGINAL_EPUB but I can never remember exactly what version is in the file.

As for which forum, CC doesn't change the content of the book so it is out of the picture. If the conversion doesn't work then I suggest the B&N forum, or perhaps the calibre forum where some other Nook users might know some conversion tricks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #3
tas03
Zealot
tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.tas03 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Nook Glowlight +, Nook Tab. , Nook Simple Touch, iPad Air, iPhone 6Se
Chaley - converting it worked - the book opened on the second try - I got the this book is taking a long time to open message, and before I could decide which option to choose, the book opened. Thanks.

Last edited by tas03; 12-12-2017 at 11:42 AM.
tas03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tas03 View Post
Chaley - converting it worked - the book opened on the second try - I got the this book is taking a long time to open message, and before I could decide which option to choose, the book opened. Thanks.
Excellent, and you are welcome.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote