Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
tomb73
tomb73 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Dumb reading question

I've been using Calibre on my Mac for a while, like it, so was looking at using it on my iPhone. Bought and downloaded Calibre Companion, thinking it was the same functionality, but I am beginning to understand that it is just the 'companion' designed for moving books around, and not an actual 'reader' like the Mac OS Calibre...

So, I've got my library sent to my iPhone, can see the books, how do I actually READ them? (told you it was a dumb question)...

Tom B.
tomb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:38 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You read them with a reading app of your choice that supports whatever format your books are in. I use MapleRead, some like Marvin, others use iBooks or Kindle, etc.

In CC if you select a book and are taken to its details page you can select Read and you should get a popup of apps to choose to export/copy the book to for reading (provided you have something that supports a given format).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 11-16-2017 at 01:42 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
tomb73
tomb73 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You read them with a reading app of your choice that supports whatever format your books are in. I use MapleRead, some like Marvin, others use iBooks or Kindle, etc.

In CC if you select a book and are taken to its details page you can select Read and you should get a popup of apps to choose to export/copy the book to for reading (provided you have something that supports a given format).
Thanks, Brian...
tomb73 is offline   Reply With Quote