Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-22-2016, 06:25 PM   #1
jimdays
jimdays began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch WP63GW
Question how to access USB stick contents on Kindle Fire

My friend recently bought a new cheap on sale ($60) Kindle Fire. I can connect my USB memory stick to the Kindle (through OTG cable) and the Kindle gives me notification that a USB stick is connected. I can see some thumbnails of videos/images that are on the USB memory stick, but I cannot seem to just access the files (like a file manager) on the stick. For example, I have a short video in avi format and I cannot seem to access the file and get the Kindle to play the video. The same USB memory stick when connected to a Samsung G3/G6 smartphone can easily see and play all the files on the USB memory stick. My question is: how can I get the Kindle to see/play my avi file on the USB memory stick?
jimdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 07:14 PM   #2
IFixKindles
Connoisseur
IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IFixKindles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1 - repair many Kindle models
For a file browser, side load ES File Explorer.

File types that work.
https://developer.amazon.com/public/...specifications

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/r...x1DF0P5JRBD5QB

Last edited by IFixKindles; 02-22-2016 at 07:19 PM.
IFixKindles is offline   Reply With Quote