Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-20-2021, 10:43 AM   #61
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I *might* upgrade to the signature edition, depending on how the size of the entire device compares to that of a PW4, it's plausible you could fit a 6.8" 4:3 screen (5.4"x4.1") into the same 6.6"x4.6" footprint of the PW4. Especially if there's a non-cellular signature edition.

But almost certainly not at full price.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:55 AM   #62
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
While I'm not in the market for those new Paperwhites, having a perfectly working Oasis, I'm glad Amazon continues to develop their eink readers. And it's great for the folks who want a bit larger screen and warm light, but don't want to cough up the Oasis price and/or aren't interested in buttons.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2021, 05:21 PM   #63
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
While I'm not in the market for those new Paperwhites, having a perfectly working Oasis, I'm glad Amazon continues to develop their eink readers. And it's great for the folks who want a bit larger screen and warm light, but don't want to cough up the Oasis price and/or aren't interested in buttons.
Personally I hope this spurs PocketBook into releasing a 6.8" reader. 7.8" or 8" is too big for me (I've got a Tolino Epos I never use) but I do like my old Kobo Aura HD with a 6.8" screen. (Pretty much the same package as JSWolf's original Kobo H2O.) I'm not sold on the Libra, Forma or Oasis shape. Mostly because the lights come from the side (when reading vertically) and, if just a little off, it seems like it would be a lot more obnoxious.

BTW, I'm not in the market for a new Paperwhite either. Now, if it had been a Voyage II, with buttons and a warm light...
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 05:46 PM   #64
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
BTW, I'm not in the market for a new Paperwhite either. Now, if it had been a Voyage II, with buttons and a warm light...
Frankly, I guess that would have eaten into the Oasis sales big time. Can't see them doing that.

I wonder why they abandoned their Voyage line after the first model. Not that I'm complaining, as I like the Oasis shape and buttons much more. But still, inquisitive minds would want to know and all...

No reader I've ever used has had as good a screen as the Voyage had.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:32 AM   #65
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
LMFAO NICE JOB AMAZON
https://www.amazon.com/Introducing-k.../dp/B08B495319
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2021, 11:02 AM   #66
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Something is messed up with the Trade-in credit: it lists my PW4s as ‘up to $30’, but when I say they work and are undamaged, it changes the offer to $5. What would it take to get $30?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:22 PM   #67
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
More links

And supposedly it's now listed on Amazon India. I suspect Amazon gave up on keeping this new Kindle a secret.
https://reddit.com/r/kindle/comments...e_preorded_it/
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:43 PM   #68
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Trade ins are rarely worth it unless you are a hermit with no relatives or friends.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:40 PM   #69
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Something is messed up with the Trade-in credit: it lists my PW4s as ‘up to $30’, but when I say they work and are undamaged, it changes the offer to $5. What would it take to get $30?
It's not messed up. Choose the second option of you not having to accept the accessed value. It switches to $30 once you submit. I'm sure if it looks new and operates you will get at least $20.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:42 PM   #70
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Trade ins are rarely worth it unless you are a hermit with no relatives or friends.
Haha. Yeah better to give it away. $30 is worth the joy of giving a reader friend your old ereader....
Old 09-21-2021, 03:44 PM   #71
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
It's not messed up. Choose the second option of you not having to accept the accessed value. It switches to $30 once you submit. I'm sure if it looks new and operates you will get at least $20.
I’ll give that a go, but I don’t remember it being this way before. Anyway, I’m going to try and trade in an older Kindle, even if it is only $10.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #72
Tony1988
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I’ll give that a go, but I don’t remember it being this way before. Anyway, I’m going to try and trade in an older Kindle, even if it is only $10.
Maybe wait till a little later today as well. Maybe someone goofed on the option buttons.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:24 PM   #73
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
My relatives and friends have already been so bequeathed with fairly recent Kindles. I may be able to trade one of them up to a PW4, but one way or another I want the 20% off and whatever change I can get.

Last edited by tomsem; 09-21-2021 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:11 PM   #74
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Quote:
It isn't just the trade in value though, they also give you 20% off the new Kindle.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:36 PM   #75
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
It isn't just the trade in value though, they also give you 20% off the new Kindle.
Exactly. I traded in an old Kindle Touch, got the little bit for the device and the discount, which I think, at the time, might have been 25% (2017), and it made a new Kindle Oasis 2 affordable.

For those who don't have an old Kindle to trade in, might be worth checking local thrift stores, just in case you can find a cheap one to get the discount. Or asking family members/friends if they have one sitting around unused they'd like to get rid of.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote