Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-17-2021, 03:41 AM   #1
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Success using eBay batteries on Kindles?

Hi there,

I wondered what people's success or failure stories are with using replacement batteries from eBay on Kindles?

I'm planning to swap out my Kindle Voyage battery and wanted to gather some anecdotal evidence on the quality of replacement batteries out there.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 03:43 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try Newpower99 for a new battery.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2021, 04:03 AM   #3
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try Newpower99 for a new battery.
I would but not available in the UK unfortunately, at least for the Kindle Voyage.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:02 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I've used ebay batteries from China in Ireland. Kindle DXG and 2x Kindle keyboard 3. I mentioned the seller on a previous Kindle battery thread.

Alba go Brath?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 08:43 AM   #5
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
I replaced battery on my old Kindle Keyboard with a battery I bought on Amazon and watched a youtube video for the process.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2021, 08:13 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
I would but not available in the UK unfortunately, at least for the Kindle Voyage.
That's weird, they specifically say they ship worldwide. You don't see this page?

https://www.newpower99.com/Kindle_Vo...ge-nm460gz.htm

That said, I've replaced a couple Kindle batteries with batteries bought from eBay and I didn't have any issues.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 11:36 PM   #7
max99
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
That's weird, they specifically say they ship worldwide. You don't see this page?

https://www.newpower99.com/Kindle_Vo...ge-nm460gz.htm

That said, I've replaced a couple Kindle batteries with batteries bought from eBay and I didn't have any issues.
They do but the cost is prohibitive. Works out at over £60.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:14 PM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
They do but the cost is prohibitive. Works out at over £60.
That's what I was afraid of. The cost of International shipping has become prohibitive for just about everything.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:44 PM   #9
ytsejam1138
ytsejam1138 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage and PW3
I recently ordered replacement batteries for my Voyage and my wife's Paperwhite 3 from eBay seller w_trade. Both are now performing like new since replacing the batteries. The new batteries have been installed for about a month and half.
ytsejam1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 06:48 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytsejam1138 View Post
I recently ordered replacement batteries for my Voyage and my wife's Paperwhite 3 from eBay seller w_trade. Both are now performing like new since replacing the batteries. The new batteries have been installed for about a month and half.
I've had that particular seller's battery for the Kindle Touch in my watch list for years. I guess I should pick that up, but I hardly ever crank up the Touch any more. But still, I would like to fix it. Glad to hear this is a good seller. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:05 PM   #11
max99
Addict

Thanks for the heads up on that seller. I've managed to identify the batteries you were supplied and will try and track down an equivalent in the UK. Let me know how it holds out.
Old 09-20-2021, 02:18 PM   #12
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
That's what I was afraid of. The cost of International shipping has become prohibitive for just about everything.
Your comment caught my eye...8 months ago, we shipped a 10 pound box from Ohio to Gumi, South Korea, via UPS for $130. In July, we shipped a 9 pound box for $250, and it was returned to us. UPS did reship at no cost to us, but wowzers, the price!

Our oldest son is there, and we send stuff a couple times per year that he can't find there, and this last box also included his new bank card. We send his items to the main school he works at, so UPS over there has all the correct info. There was no "real" reason for the shipment to be returned, aside from the workers not wanting to make a phone call.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote