Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #1
ayush
ayush began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Onyx Boox M96 Web Browser

Hi Friends,

I need your suggestions on M96 "web browsing" as I am planning to buy one. I know PDF works really well on this as this device has been manufactured keeping PDF as top priority, so no doubt about that.
But I am mainly looking at it from 'Web Browsing' perspective because of its large screen size and as i prefer reading on E-ink display.

So how do you find the over all experience of its web browser, is it really worth it. Does the web browser flicker too much or it works like a charm while browsing the websites, do you guys find it unstable when you move it up and down having your finger pressed on the screen.

How about comparing its web browser with KOBO AURA-hd, which one do you think is better in usage.

Please provide your feedback as it would immensely help me..

Thanks
Ayush
ayush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I would think the internet is not very e-ink friendly... All those colors, not to mention video.

Any mostly plaintext websites should work fine though. I am currently browsing MobileRead itself on my Kindle Touch, in fact.

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-07-2014 at 09:50 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
NNN
NNN is on a distinguished road

Device: MessgePad 2100
Better than you would think for reading—most text zooms fine if you increase the browser’s minimum font sizes. I don’t recall a flicker problem with static pages. Scrolling isn’t pretty, but works. As you’d expect, video and photos aren’t good. I think it runs Android Chrome. Using wifi (802.11g) sucks up the battery as quickly as a tablet, but that’s OK. Reception is OK too, but weaker than a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

The main problems, e.g., weblinks, come with color conversion and image zooming. See discussion at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...227304&page=20.

Write the company and let them know your concerns. Maybe they’ll implement a fix.

Last edited by NNN; 09-07-2014 at 08:59 PM.
NNN is offline   Reply With Quote