Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-28-2022, 12:27 PM   #2476
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The collections "Read", "Im_Reading", "Recommendations" and some others are virtual collections. They do not exist on the device but match the filters that the device have in the book list. They are shown in the device list to show the reading status or other status of the books.
Mostly out of curiosity, what exactly is the ReadingList collection?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 12:45 AM   #2477
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Mostly out of curiosity, what exactly is the ReadingList collection?
I don't know. In the database it shows as a system collection. Kobo is maintaining it. It only contains purchased books, but not all of them. It should have been excluded from the list of collections retrieved from the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2022, 02:02 PM   #2478
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Updating comments metadata

After editing book comments and subsequently using "Update metadata in device library," it was my understanding that the resulting message would confirm the corresponding book(s) was updated. Per an older post from @davidfor:

Quote:
[clipped] Connect the device and wait for the connection jobs to finish. Select a book that is shown as on the device, open the metadata editor, make a change to the comments and save it. Make sure the book is still selected and run the update metadata in the plugin. You should get the message saying a book has been updated. If it has, eject the device and have a look at the synopsis in the book details on the device.
However, while I have confirmed the book synopsis has successfully updated the message always states that no books have updated. Is the plugin (2.16.3) working properly? What am I missing?

Code:
calibre, version 5.43.0
Kobo Utilities - Device library updated: Update summary:
	Books updated=0
	Unchanged books=9
	Books not on device=0
	Total books=9
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 06:20 AM   #2479
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you have the driver configured to updated the metadata? If so, it will probably be doing this when you connect. Which would mean there are no updates left to do when with the plugin.

If that isn't the case, can you run calibre in debug mode and post the debug log for the connection and the update? It will probably tell me what is happening.
Old 06-02-2022, 12:57 PM   #2480
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Do you have the driver configured to updated the metadata? If so, it will probably be doing this when you connect. Which would mean there are no updates left to do when with the plugin.

If that isn't the case, can you run calibre in debug mode and post the debug log for the connection and the update? It will probably tell me what is happening.
I do indeed have the driver configured to update the metadata. Thank you for clearing up my confusion.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2022, 06:54 AM   #2481
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How does Kobo Utilities handle storing the reading stats if you have the same eBook in both ePub and KePub on your Kobo?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:19 PM   #2482
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How does Kobo Utilities handle storing the reading stats if you have the same eBook in both ePub and KePub on your Kobo?
Experiment, Jon, go hog wild and experiment.

Off the top of my head, since they are stored as separate books, the stats would be stored separately on the Kobo. If you have them as the same book with multiple formats in calibre, last one wins unless the stat is a special case.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-07-2022 at 03:21 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 10:41 PM   #2483
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Experiment, Jon, go hog wild and experiment.

Off the top of my head, since they are stored as separate books, the stats would be stored separately on the Kobo. If you have them as the same book with multiple formats in calibre, last one wins unless the stat is a special case.
That is correct. It explicitly picks the version of the book with the most recent last read date. That doesn't matter if it is different formats or multiple copies of the same format.

And yes, experimenting is a good idea as it confirms things to yourself. And if there are limitations or bugs, then you get to know them and report them.
Old 06-08-2022, 03:37 AM   #2484
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That is correct. It explicitly picks the version of the book with the most recent last read date. That doesn't matter if it is different formats or multiple copies of the same format.

And yes, experimenting is a good idea as it confirms things to yourself. And if there are limitations or bugs, then you get to know them and report them.
Would it be possible to have Kobo Utilities ask which version to use if it encounters ePub & KePub of the same eBook?
Old 06-08-2022, 06:28 AM   #2485
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Would it be possible to have Kobo Utilities ask which version to use if it encounters ePub & KePub of the same eBook?
Of course that would be possible. But, I have no interest in doing that. If you want to write the code and submit it, I'll consider it.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:17 AM   #2486
Kfdjrk
Kfdjrk began at the beginning.

Device: Boox nova 3, kobo clara
So the help page of Kobo Utilities tells how to backup the Kobo´s database and i have it now set to do a backup everytime i connect it.
But it does not tell you how to use the backup!
I have two kobo readers and i want to backup from one and then put it on the other one so they have the same info (database) on both.
How do you manage that?
Kfdjrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 12:06 PM   #2487
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You need to replace the one on the Kobo MANUALLY, Also requires a rename to the standard name).

I am not sure replacing Kobo B's DB with Kobo A's DB is a good idea. There might be device specific info in each.

FWIW, I set the backup folders, in the driver, individually (Aura2,Libra2) to make tracking easy
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 01:41 PM   #2488
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You need to replace the one on the Kobo MANUALLY, Also requires a rename to the standard name).

I am not sure replacing Kobo B's DB with Kobo A's DB is a good idea. There might be device specific info in each.

FWIW, I set the backup folders, in the driver, individually (Aura2,Libra2) to make tracking easy
I did it from my H2O to my Libra 2. Worked no problem. I basically copy the lot from one to another. But remember to delete the two files Calibre adds or you'll have an incorrect device ID for Calibre and Calibre plugins.
Old 06-12-2022, 11:12 PM   #2489
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfdjrk View Post
So the help page of Kobo Utilities tells how to backup the Kobo´s database and i have it now set to do a backup everytime i connect it.
But it does not tell you how to use the backup!
I have two kobo readers and i want to backup from one and then put it on the other one so they have the same info (database) on both.
How do you manage that?
The backup is restored by simply copying the file. But, I would not suggest doing that as a regular thing. It will work, and is not an unreasonable thing to do when moving to a new device, but, the likelihood of failure if you are doing it regularly, is high.

If what you want to do is sync the reading status, then use store status function to get it from the one device, and the restore to put it on the on ther device for the books that are on both.
Old 06-25-2022, 09:48 AM   #2490
ciberoba
ciberoba began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
Any time I start Calibre with the device connected, a task is started that uploads all (120+) books again to the device. This seems to be triggered from the Kobo Utilities plugin, but I'm not sure if it is, and how to prevent this. It takes ages to finish and it's not necessary.

Is there a way to stop the automatic uploads?
ciberoba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities