Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-31-2022, 10:50 PM   #2416
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Feature request: Would it be much effort to add a "don't update existing font settings" checkbox to the set reader font? I like to set a default one in advance as it prevents mishaps such as giant font size being carried over from another book (always a bit amusing when that happens). But there's no way to tell which books are missing one.

Also, is it intended that "Update metadata -> date added" doesn't work on Kobo store books?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-01-2022 at 02:20 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:24 AM   #2417
Bembo
Enthusiast
Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi, is this the right thread to post for issues with Kobo Utilities? I have been able to use it to backup my device database on Kobo Clara HD but recently I get an error saying that it failed to create a backup. This is the error:

Code:
Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:   
*** in database main 
*** On tree page 67266 cell 0: invalid page number 218103808 
On tree page 66937 cell 0: invalid page number 218310400 
On tree page 67533 cell 52: 2nd reference to page 67265 
On tree page 47550 cell 102: 2nd reference to page 66998 
Page 66269 is never used 
Page 66936 is never used
And also this error on connecting the device:
Code:
calibre, version 5.36.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Failed to backup device database: Failed: Backing up Kobo device database

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.jobs", line 197, in do_device_database_backup
  File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 6095, in check_device_database
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
I also had a weird battery error recently where it seemed like the battery was depleting really quickly, but a restart fixed that I think. Not sure if related. Otherwise, I've been able to read and use it just fine.

Any advice would be much appreciated! (Sorry if there is a better place to post this, but since it relates to KU I figured I might try here.)

Last edited by Bembo; 02-13-2022 at 08:27 AM.
Bembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2022, 08:39 AM   #2418
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your database is corrupted.

You might be able to fix it by running the 'compress database' option.

If not, you have backups enabled, so restore the last working one by unzipping to your .kobo folder, ejecting, and rebooting the device.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:14 PM   #2419
Bembo
Enthusiast
Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bembo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Your database is corrupted.

You might be able to fix it by running the 'compress database' option.

If not, you have backups enabled, so restore the last working one by unzipping to your .kobo folder, ejecting, and rebooting the device.
Thank you. I had previously had to restore from one of my archived backups a few weeks ago, and it worked fine for at least a week... which is why I didn't expect it to be corrupted again. I did it again and it seems fine now. Is there any way to restore my annotations from the more recent backup? It seems that they were marked as 'corrupt' so they aren't standard .zip files anymore.
Bembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 07:44 PM   #2420
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bembo View Post
Thank you. I had previously had to restore from one of my archived backups a few weeks ago, and it worked fine for at least a week... which is why I didn't expect it to be corrupted again. I did it again and it seems fine now. Is there any way to restore my annotations from the more recent backup? It seems that they were marked as 'corrupt' so they aren't standard .zip files anymore.
Yes and no. It will depend on exactly what is wrong with the database. If it is badly corrupt, there will be no way to open it and read the data. If it can be opened, you can try and export the contents of the "Bookmarks" table and import it into the working database.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2022, 08:48 PM   #2421
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

It's not a huge priority, but I did something in Kobo Utilities that resulted in all the unread books in my 'to be read' collection appearing in alphabetical order. But now I've finished some books and added other ones they're jumbled up again and can't remember how to put them in alphabetical order again. Any ideas?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 02-15-2022 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-16-2022, 01:04 AM   #2422
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
It's not a huge priority, but I did something in Kobo Utilities that resulted in all the unread books in my 'to be read' collection appearing in alphabetical order. But now I've finished some books and added other ones they're jumbled up again and can't remember how to put them in alphabetical order again. Any ideas?
Collection can be sorted on the device. But, I don't remember if that is remembered for each collection.

The plugin has the function "Order Series Shelves" which can be used to order any collection, but, it doesn't have an option for alphabetical. And, I don't think it actually has an effect in recent firmware.
Old 02-16-2022, 07:12 AM   #2423
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Collection can be sorted on the device. But, I don't remember if that is remembered for each collection.
On the kobo, it is. I use this all the time. Collection sort order (and filters) is separate for each collection, and separate for each series, and separate for the all books screen, etc.

Also, the sort orders and filters are saved in the config file that the Kobo extended plugin backs up.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 11:40 PM   #2424
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I think I remember how I did it: I temporarily set an arbitrary #lastread that was the same for all the books, restored that to device, and then cleared it in my Calibre library.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:40 AM   #2425
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I just ran the database check in Kobo Utilities - is this something to be concerned about?

Quote:
Result of running 'PRAGMA integrity_check' on database on the Kobo device:

*** in database main ***
Main freelist: size is 5030 but should be 5031
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:53 AM   #2426
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

If I remember right, freelist is just the bits of the database that isn't in use anymore but hasn't been cleaned up yet with a vacuum. Somehow the database lost count of that. Compacting the database ought to fix it.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-10-2022 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:13 PM   #2427
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Over on the Kobo forum in the latest firmware thread, you (davidfor) mentioned you were thinking of adding a backup of BookReader.sqlite to (I assume) Kobo Utilities:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...344604&page=40

I'm wondering if you could test for a bad BookReader.sqlite file by watching its file size. In the one case where I noted it, the size of that file went from 15KB to 45MB when it went bad. That "bad" size was very close to the size of KoboReader.sqlite. Maybe a comparison to that would work?

Also, is there any way Kobo Utilities could be involved with the size change in BookReader.sqlite (maybe a typo)? It just seems odd that the "bad" size would be so close to the size of KoboReader.sqlite. I'm not saying it's so, I'm just wondering.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 08:30 PM   #2428
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
I'm wondering if you could test for a bad BookReader.sqlite file by watching its file size. In the one case where I noted it, the size of that file went from 15KB to 45MB when it went bad. That "bad" size was very close to the size of KoboReader.sqlite. Maybe a comparison to that would work?

Also, is there any way Kobo Utilities could be involved with the size change in BookReader.sqlite (maybe a typo)? It just seems odd that the "bad" size would be so close to the size of KoboReader.sqlite. I'm not saying it's so, I'm just wondering.
As far as I can tell from checking the KoboUtilities source, there are no references to BookReader.sqlite present.

Looking at my Sage and Clara HD, I've seen BookReader.sqlite balloon on a couple of occasions but it has always returned to it's smaller size (~875kb) while the KoboReader.sqlite has hung around 51MB on the Sage and 860MB on the Clara HD.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 10:26 PM   #2429
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As far as I can tell from checking the KoboUtilities source, there are no references to BookReader.sqlite present.

Looking at my Sage and Clara HD, I've seen BookReader.sqlite balloon on a couple of occasions but it has always returned to it's smaller size (~875kb) while the KoboReader.sqlite has hung around 51MB on the Sage and 860MB on the Clara HD.
Thanks for looking into that. I really didn't think Kobo Utilities (or anything on our non-Rakuten side of things) could have anything to do with the BookReader.sqlite file. But, the similarity in sizes when bad made me wonder.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 12:29 AM   #2430
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLessnau View Post
Over on the Kobo forum in the latest firmware thread, you (davidfor) mentioned you were thinking of adding a backup of BookReader.sqlite to (I assume) Kobo Utilities:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...344604&page=40

I will probably add backing up the BookReader.sqlite file, but, I am not planning to add any checks for it. I think the size rule is to simple. How big it is supposed to be depends on how much it is used. For people borrowing a lot of library books, or with a Kobo Plus subscription, it is possible it should be much larger.

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities