Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-27-2022, 10:56 AM   #2446
gguigui
gguigui began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 and Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Dumb question: What OS? What version of the PI?

(My Libra2 shows along with my Aura2, but something may have gotten broken between now and then )
Windows 11 (build 22598). What do you mean by version of the PI?
gguigui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:08 AM   #2447
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguigui View Post
Windows 11 (build 22598). What do you mean by version of the PI?
What is the version of Kobo Utilities? Preferences:Get plugins: (show installed)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:09 AM   #2448
gguigui

It's the latest, 2.15.1.
Old 04-27-2022, 11:13 AM   #2449
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
It's the latest, 2.15.1.
Same as I
We now have the info required and will wait for the Author.
BTW what firmware on the Libra 2. x.31 was really bad. x.32 started out shaky for me (multiple USB beeps)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:51 AM   #2450
gguigui

Latest firmware: 4.32.19501!
Old 04-27-2022, 09:50 PM   #2451
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
The box is ticked, but the "add connected device" is greyed out, even though it's connected and recognized, since I can add books and see which ones are on the device.
The setting of "Configure options for each device" does not have any affect on whether the device can be added. That is about whether the backup and firmware check options are device specific. The first tab also uses the list of devices.

I can't see any reason for this not to be working. Had calibre finished the connection jobs when you opened the configuration? It probably won't work while the first one or two jobs are running. And there is a possibility it won't work if the configuration is opened during that time and then closed and reopened.

Edit:

Do you use the Reading List plugin? If so, that has a similar device list. (Though "similar" is probably not the correct word as I copied the code from there and modified it.) If you have it, does it allow you to add the Libra 2?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 11:42 PM   #2452
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Feature request: Would it be much effort to add a "don't update existing font settings" checkbox to the set reader font? I like to set a default one in advance as it prevents mishaps such as giant font size being carried over from another book (always a bit amusing when that happens). But there's no way to tell which books are missing one.
Just wanted to bump this again because it looked like it got missed I would still find it useful.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:08 PM   #2453
gguigui

Yes, the connection jobs were finished when I opened the configuration. I installed the Reading List plugin to see what would happen, and when I wanted to add my connected device, it added my Clara HD, instead of my Libra 2 which was the one that was connected!

So I'm guessing they're one and the same for Calibre?

It might be related, I transferred the database from the Clara HD to the Libra 2 following this guide: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=336182
Old 05-09-2022, 05:55 PM   #2454
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
I am not able to restore 'ratings' to kobo books anymore.

I click on the store/restore, check update rating and click ok, it says updated book. Then I update meta data. I do not use this feature very often so I am probably doing something stupid...

I am using the star rating column in Calibre but I also tried an integer column. Have tested the 'set reading status' change and it does work.

Am I doing something wrong please?

Kobo Utilities = v2.15.1
Calibre = 5.42
Firmware = 4.32.19501
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:25 PM   #2455
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
By 'Kobo books,' do you mean books from the Kobo store or books on your Kobo? Sideloaded books don't have ratings to begin with so restoring won't actually do anything.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 06:47 PM   #2456
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
By 'Kobo books,' do you mean books from the Kobo store or books on your Kobo? Sideloaded books don't have ratings to begin with so restoring won't actually do anything.
Sorry Kobo store bought books
Old 05-10-2022, 06:29 AM   #2457
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid View Post
I click on the store/restore, check update rating and click ok, it says updated book. Then I update meta data. I do not use this feature very often so I am probably doing something stupid...

I am using the star rating column in Calibre but I also tried an integer column. Have tested the 'set reading status' change and it does work.

Am I doing something wrong please?

Kobo Utilities = v2.15.1
Calibre = 5.42
Firmware = 4.32.19501
Are you sure it ever worked? Looking at the code, it should never set the rating on the device. In fact, in most cases it would have removed it. And it has been like that for a very long time. The fix is easy.
Old 05-10-2022, 06:35 AM   #2458
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.16.0

I have just released version 2.16.0 of the plugin. This fixes the problem reported by @Rid and adds what @ownedbycats wanted (which I don't remember seeing the first time, sorry).

The changes are:
  • Fix: Fix removing the rating when rating is set.
  • Change: Add option to not set font if already set on the device.

This should be announced by calibre in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:58 AM   #2459
Rid
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Are you sure it ever worked? Looking at the code, it should never set the rating on the device. In fact, in most cases it would have removed it. And it has been like that for a very long time. The fix is easy.
You're a legend, it's working with v2.16.0!

Did a test with Calibre portable and Kobo Utilities v2.15.1 and you are correct the ratings had been removed when I tried a restore.

I am honestly not so sure now but I think it did work at some point? I did have a problem with ratings some time ago and have been putting the rating manually in Calibre after I read a book ever since then. Also I did do a ratings restore a few months ago and maybe I did not check if it worked until now.

Anyway thanks for the reply and for your hard work
Old 05-10-2022, 02:06 PM   #2460
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
When I first got my Sage in November, I downloaded this plugin and am sure that it updated reading progress automatically when I synced my device. Now, it seems that I have to trigger it manually. Did something change?
BiliBug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities