Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-23-2017, 01:38 PM   #1
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cannot remove unwanted formats w/Edit Metadata

Before the new version, there was an option on the Edit Metadata for several books to remove formats no longer wanted. This option is no longer on there. I have several books in the MOBI format I want to remove. Too many to do one by one. How can I do this now?

Ginny Meyers
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
That function can (also) be done from the main book list.

select books, right click the delete icon:remove specific format:
Also on the right-click 'context menu'
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2017, 05:50 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Ginnia - it was very easy to mass delete a whole bunch of format files accidentally using the Remove Formats widget in Bulk Edit.

So, rather than making it safer by adding Are you sure popups, and because the Remove Books feature already had a much safer option, Kovid decided it would be a better to remove the widget from Bulk MDE. The change was made in Version 2.81, which was released on 10 Mar, 2017.

Because I use it a lot, I have the Remove files of a specific format from selected books keyboard shortcut set to Alt+Del.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 03:43 AM   #4
jecilop
Addict
jecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowjecilop will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Android
@BetterRed,

A Shortcut to this...what a great suggestion. I've been customized so long that I forgot I can customize that! Thanks for this idea. It solves a major annoyance for me in the process.

I too very much missed the Bulk delete feature via Bulk Metadata Edit, but I've been working with the new feature. However, the slight mouse movement that happens on laptop finger pads is more dangerous than the other and takes fare more steps. Until you recommendation, it also wasn't fast keystroke based so it takes a lot more steps.

Last edited by jecilop; 06-28-2017 at 03:44 AM. Reason: grammar
jecilop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 04:53 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@jecilop - fyi - in the list of formats the Remove specific formats option presents, you can select/deselect a format with the space bar, and you can select multiple items before hitting return. And of course you can select multiple books.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2017, 01:33 AM   #6
Ginnia
Connoisseur
Ginnia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
BetterRed

Thanks for the info and the suggestion. Just finished setting that up. Had forgotten all about the shortcuts. Such a powerful program -- LOVE IT!!!

G
Ginnia is offline   Reply With Quote