Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-06-2017, 05:55 AM   #871
aklenatlus
Enthusiast
aklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi everyone, I was thinking about to try koreader on my Aura One. I have installed the latest firmware (4.6.9995), is it safe intalling KSM 8?
Thanks in advance
aklenatlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2017, 08:07 AM   #872
David0226
David0226 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight Plus, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by aklenatlus View Post
Hi everyone, I was thinking about to try koreader on my Aura One. I have installed the latest firmware (4.6.9995), is it safe intalling KSM 8?
Thanks in advance
I have successfully installed KSM 8 on my Aura One running 4.6.9995.
David0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:27 PM   #873
stats
stats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enough

Device: sony pr505
It's working on my H2O. Dictionary support is broken in koreader. There is a fix on the koreader wiki, but I haven't tried it yet.

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
stats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:00 PM   #874
Question Mark
Addict
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by stats View Post
It's working on my H2O. Dictionary support is broken in koreader. There is a fix on the koreader wiki, but I haven't tried it yet.
Both KSM 08 and Koreader are working fine on my KA1 with the 4.6.9995 Kobo FW.

Initially, dictionary support seemed to be broken on Koreader with this most recent Kobo FW update. However, found some help in the following thread in the Koreader forum and that fixed the issue. Dictionaries are working fine now. Just wish I had more time for reading.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...33#post3595933
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:40 PM   #875
stats
stats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enoughstats will become famous soon enough

That's the same as I found. It fixed the issue on my Kobo. All is good now!

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2017, 07:28 AM   #876
Frenzie
Addict
Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.Frenzie is the king of the Divan.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Still broken on the latest Kobo FW? Drat, I was hoping the problem would resolve itself (since apparently 4.6.9990 or something was rather buggy).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:44 PM   #877
stats

With the exception of the one workaround, everything is fine on 4.6.9995. Replace sdcv with the patched one. Nickel is better and everything seems snappier.

Cheers,
Rich

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited by stats; 11-07-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #878
gilali
gilali began at the beginning.

Device: [Kobo Aura 2, Kobo H2O2]
Hi,
Is it here to report an issue ? maybe a bug :
I cannot access from ssh to my 2 devices (H2O2 and KA2), either by wifi or by usbNET.

From KSM, I am able to ping both devices, on both support (usbnet and wifi)
To be sure, I've added "useDropbear=true" in [general] section

Result :
with putty, I have "connection refused" on default ssh port, and no message on telnet.

I have insisted before posting (many factory resets, many reinstalls...)
Because, for a fresh supported device (H2O2) why not, but with Kobo Aura 2, it's very curious.

Somebody can confirm SSH is working on Kobo Aura 2 ? (and at the same time I am not very talented)
Regards,
gilali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:47 PM   #879
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilali View Post
Hi,
Is it here to report an issue ? maybe a bug :
I cannot access from ssh to my 2 devices (H2O2 and KA2), either by wifi or by usbNET.

From KSM, I am able to ping both devices, on both support (usbnet and wifi)
To be sure, I've added "useDropbear=true" in [general] section

Result :
with putty, I have "connection refused" on default ssh port, and no message on telnet.

I have insisted before posting (many factory resets, many reinstalls...)
Because, for a fresh supported device (H2O2) why not, but with Kobo Aura 2, it's very curious.

Somebody can confirm SSH is working on Kobo Aura 2 ? (and at the same time I am not very talented)
Regards,
Are you aware that KSM uses the dropbear provided by the vlasovsoft kobo launcher (PBChess)? I hope it is still include in the more recent versions of the kobo launcher. Another point to note is, that KSM switches dropbear on only when you choose USBnet.
Did you enable telnet on your device? If not, see the first post of this thread under "enable USBNet". If security is not a problem, you can simple telnet into your device without having dropbear running.

Last edited by tshering; 11-11-2017 at 04:50 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:00 AM   #880
gilali
gilali began at the beginning.

Device: [Kobo Aura 2, Kobo H2O2]
Thumbs up telnet over wifi on H2O2 => OK

I'm running Win7, and i've missed to install KevinShort's package.
Quote:
plus this post, if you are running Windows 10. To make telnet work install KevinShort's package
I have misunderstood. Thank you for your patience.

Telnet is now running on H2O2 And over WIFI it's very comfortable.
I confirm NO need to activate USBnet. Kevin's patch + wifi activation is enought. It's the best for geeking underwater
gilali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:01 AM   #881
geekraver
Addict
geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'geekraver knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad Pro,Nexus 7,Kindle Paperwhite,Kobo H2O Ed 2
@tshering, it's probably okay for you to remove the warning about the H202 in the first post now. We still have koReader problems but KSM is operational at least.

I had done a factory reset after installing the new firmware, and I had to reboot twice after installing your patch on page 57 of this thread before it worked, but it is working.

Last edited by geekraver; 11-14-2017 at 01:19 AM.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:16 PM   #882
rba
rba began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You need only to re-install the patch.
Hey - I'm having the same issue here. However, the instructions linked in the solution above require that you can boot into KSM, which I can't do after the firmware upgrade to 4.6.9995. Is there another way to run the patch scripts besides the following instruction?

select (in KSM home) "handle update" > "install update" (do not select "install partial update")
?
rba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #883
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by rba View Post
Hey - I'm having the same issue here. However, the instructions linked in the solution above require that you can boot into KSM, which I can't do after the firmware upgrade to 4.6.9995. Is there another way to run the patch scripts besides the following instruction?

select (in KSM home) "handle update" > "install update" (do not select "install partial update")
?
Copy the KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo folder of your device, and safely eject the device. The inbuilt update mechanism will take care of it.

Last edited by tshering; 11-17-2017 at 06:20 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:51 PM   #884
CmplxAdSys
Enthusiast
CmplxAdSys began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you for reporting. I have a similar report from an Aura HD user (also on FW 4.6.9995). According to his observation he can reproduce the rotation by
  • (ksm home) start nickel
  • switch/leave in nickle wifi on
  • exit nickel by opening "switchtokoreader.png"
When the "wifi is on! Switch it off: yes/no" menu appears, the screen is rotated. I cannot see why having wifi on, or exiting nickel by "switchtokoreader.png" (without being in a nickel - koreader loop), or both together can trigger the rotation issue.
Could you try how this is on your device?
I've the same problem on an H20 (first gen) with FW 4.6.9995, except wifi is off. The only reliable pattern I've found concerning it is that it is fixed if I reboot KSM.

Last edited by CmplxAdSys; 11-19-2017 at 01:07 AM.
CmplxAdSys is offline   Reply With Quote