Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-13-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
Kobo Aura One vs. Nook GlowLight 3

I'm looking for a device that completely blocks out blue light at night. I'm currently wearing these lovely orange glasses that go over my eyeglasses to block blue light. It sits so far down on my nose that I can't breath through my nose well, lol.

So I'm looking for an e-reader that completely blocks out blue light. I went to take a look at the Nook GlowLight today, and was disappointed to see that the screen only goes to light orange. I'm doubting that it is blocking out all of the blue light because my blue light blocking glasses make things super orange.

My question is does the Kobo Aura One get really orange? Does anyone have the Glowlight 3 and the Aura One, and if so can you compare the orange color for me?
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I would say that neither of them are BLOCKING blue light, but using different coloured LEDS to create an orange colour with less blue light theoretically being emitted.
Having said that, the Kobo certainly can be made quite orange if you choose to. Unfortunately, with the lighting turned significantly to orange it may not be as even as when using just the normal white light.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:20 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't forget that the Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition also has the orange Comfortlight Pro that the KA1 has. So if you don't want a 7" screen, the 6.8" might do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:38 AM   #4
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
Thanks for the information everyone! I really appreciate it.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote