Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-29-2017, 02:32 AM   #166
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
Oh how I wish I had an e-ink Kindle that let me use Moon+.
Why don't you get an eInk Android device which can run it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:03 AM   #167
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:

Oh how I wish I had an e-ink Kindle that let me use Moon+.

Barry
Isn't Moon+ just the best? I have it on my tablet and phone, and love it.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:11 AM   #168
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
There is one thing I've noticed that I really like in a paper book, and that is the sense of progression you get from turning the page. On the KA1, in full screen mode (normal mode just wastes too much space), you don't get any hint of where you are in the book; you just read, and read, and read, without knowing if you still have 50 pages to go, or 975. You'll have to tap the screen to get an indication of percentage or 'page number'.

The page number displayed on the KPW1 helped somewhat, but the paper book is still better in this regard.
I understand your point, but...

At least with an ebook, you have some control over "wasted space". And for me to get "sense of progression" it is just a single tap, and I can get either chapter (don't need to flip through the book to find the next chapter) of full book progression (in either pages, percent, or time).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:08 PM   #169
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Today while reading on my Kindle a character in my rather long book referred to someone doing something with the color violet. I don't recall the details at the moment but they don't matter. Anyway I had no idea what that was about so I held my finger down on the word "violet" and selected "search" and "this book" and in a couple of seconds I was looking at all the instances of the word "violet" in the book, along with enough context to remind me what the reference means. That is an extremely useful feature.

I haven't read a paper book in a long time. Do they do that now too?

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:19 PM   #170
amygd
Banned
amygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneamygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneamygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneamygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneamygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneamygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneamygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneamygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneamygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneamygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneamygd makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: none
I read on my laptop or printed book....
amygd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:32 AM   #171
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Today while reading on my Kindle a character in my rather long book referred to someone doing something with the color violet. I don't recall the details at the moment but they don't matter. Anyway I had no idea what that was about so I held my finger down on the word "violet" and selected "search" and "this book" and in a couple of seconds I was looking at all the instances of the word "violet" in the book, along with enough context to remind me what the reference means. That is an extremely useful feature.

I haven't read a paper book in a long time. Do they do that now too?

Barry
And if connected to the net or if you have the right dictionary on your reader you can get definitions for unfamiliar terms or even translate phrases in other languages. Paper can't do that either.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote