Notices

Old 03-11-2018, 06:36 AM   #1
balubeto
balubeto began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reading and printing with Calibre

Hi

I don't have an E-Book reader.

If I bought an E-Book in any protected format or not, would I be able to read it and print it with Calibre?

Thanks

Bye
balubeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by balubeto View Post
Hi

I don't have an E-Book reader.

If I bought an E-Book in any protected format or not, would I be able to read it and print it with Calibre?

Thanks

Bye
NO, it is protected.

You need the APP from the protector (eg Adobe, Amazon) , to read it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2018, 07:34 AM   #3
balubeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
NO, it is protected.

You need the APP from the protector (eg Adobe, Amazon) , to read it
So, if a person buys an E-Book, do you have to have necessarily an E-Book reader?

Thanks

Bye
Old 03-11-2018, 07:35 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by balubeto View Post
So, if a person buys an E-Book, do you have to have necessarily an E-Book reader?

Thanks

Bye
Or an app for your computer, phone or tablet.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:47 AM   #5
balubeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Or an app for your computer, phone or tablet.
So, with this app, I could export the E-Book to Calibre. Right?

Thanks

Bye
Advert
Old 03-11-2018, 09:05 AM   #6
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I think @theducks has already answered: Not if it is protected.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #7
balubeto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think @theducks has already answered: Not if it is protected.
With a computer app, can I read and print protected E-Books?

Thanks

Bye
Old 03-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #8
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The various apps for reading Kindle, Kobo, nook, etc. books are for reading. You can't print from them.

E-books aren't meant to be printed by the end user. If you need a print version, buy a print version.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #9
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Yes, you can. Google is your friend.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote