Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-15-2018, 02:38 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Battery Percentage View

Is the ability to view the battery percentage - via the accessibility settings - only available on the Oasis 2? I just took advantage of the Woot deal on refurbed 32GB Japanese Manga Paperwhites and after upgrade to FW 5.9.4 there's no accessibility option in Settings.

93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I don't see any accessiblity options in Settings on mine (PW3 4GB, 5.9.4).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I never saw it on my Voyage either. Just the battery symbol.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:51 PM   #4
MSWallack
Right, Except When Wrong
MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MSWallack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (sometimes iPad Mini).
I have an Oasis 2. I don't see battery percentage under Accessibility.
MSWallack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWallack View Post
I have an Oasis 2. I don't see battery percentage under Accessibility.
Under "Display Size" if you set it to Large, the battery icon will change to a %.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:15 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Display Size option is only available on Oasis (2017).

The Paperwhite has an Accessibility menu but it only shows up when you plug in the audio adapter (i.e. when you are using VoiceView screen reader).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:34 PM   #7
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Thanks to all.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #8
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My Oasis 2 just updated atomically over the weekend, now I can see the battery % on both standard and large in the device options. Before the update it could be set to standard to only see the battery symbol. Since the update the battery % now shows in both settings. Does anyone know if it can be turned off again in one of the settings ? I know that you can't see the battery symbol or % while reading a book on the page itself. It's only shown when out of a book on the headings.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #9
ArthurianLegends
Connoisseur
ArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Touch (4rth Gen)
I have the percentage on my Voyage, after the update.
ArthurianLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:20 PM   #10
Wearever
Wizard

I just got the % view on my Voyage. I charged it today and the charge showed 98 % instead of 100%, I kept it plugged in and charging for hrs. longer and checked it went down to 97% and then back to 98 % after reading. Does it need to be calibrated ? Or should I just ignore it ? My Oasis 2 always charges to 100%.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:13 PM   #11
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I just got the % view on my Voyage. I charged it today and the charge showed 98 % instead of 100%, I kept it plugged in and charging for hrs. longer and checked it went down to 97% and then back to 98 % after reading. Does it need to be calibrated ? Or should I just ignore it ? My Oasis 2 always charges to 100%.
I would ignore it - I assume the charging light goes to ‘green’ before you unplug it?

Maybe it recalibrates if you let battery go below some level but I don’t have enough ‘run time’ with the feature to make any conjecture one way or the other.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:40 PM   #12
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
My Paperwhite 4 did that the first 2 or 3 times I charged it but then it started charging to 100%.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:00 AM   #13
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
My Paperwhite 4 did that the first 2 or 3 times I charged it but then it started charging to 100%.

Barry
Mine did this the first time I charged it, too. Would only go to 98%, just that first time. But both my Voyage and the PW4 go green before they reach 100. I'd say the light changes at about 95-97%? But they continue to 100% when I just leave them on the charger.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:27 AM   #14
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I would ignore it - I assume the charging light goes to ‘green’ before you unplug it?

Maybe it recalibrates if you let battery go below some level but I don’t have enough ‘run time’ with the feature to make any conjecture one way or the other.
Yes it turns green, but only goes to 97-98 % when green, even if I left it plugged in the charger. It's the first time I've charged it with % view, it was about 50% charged when I plugged it in. So I'll let it drop more the next time and see if it charges to 100%.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #15
Wearever
Wizard

Thanks, it's good to know that it can fluctuate a little when charged.