Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Samhain Publishing 30% off coupon for Earth Day

Samhain Publishing (new & reprint romance & horror, some urban fantasy) are offering 30% off for Earth Day using the coupon EARTH12 (if I've mistyped something, it's advertised on the rotating ad banner at the top of their website's frontpage) when bought directly from their store (DRM-free MultiFormat bundles).

This will be good until just before midnight EST and will stack on top of their standard 30% off weekly new release and pre-order discounts. Be sure to load up your cart with anything you think you might want before checking out, as it seems that Samhain coupons are single-use only.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
I have tried several times, but I get an error message. At first I thought they had removed the ability to stack them on the top of first week sales discounts, but I get it without any new releases too.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not working for me either, no matter what I put in the cart.

I just used their Contact Us form at the top of the website to notify them, and hopefully it gets fixed in time (or they extend the sale).
Old 04-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Same here - Earth12 coupon code not working.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Good to hear I am not the only one having problems. But it is a bit odd that they are providing a code that isn't activated. Hopefully it works out.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
deleted

Last edited by NightBird; 04-23-2012 at 12:58 AM.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Code still showing as invalid...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
ATDrake
Wizzard

Probably all their staff are off for the weekend.

At this point I'd suggest everyone interested use their Contact Us form to lodge a politely worded disappointed complaint.

Possibly if they get enough of those, they'll extend the sale or offer a compensatory coupon to make up for it. If nothing else, it might encourage them to make sure their codes work as advertised before they lay out the promotional splash banners and leave for the day.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #9
nightcolors
Enthusiast
nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS700, T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Probably all their staff are off for the weekend.

At this point I'd suggest everyone interested use their Contact Us form to lodge a politely worded disappointed complaint.

Possibly if they get enough of those, they'll extend the sale or offer a compensatory coupon to make up for it. If nothing else, it might encourage them to make sure their codes work as advertised before they lay out the promotional splash banners and leave for the day.
I followed your suggestion and sent a short message about their coupon not working today. I usually miss these "good for one day" coupons, and was so happy I actually noticed one for a change... Oh well.
nightcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Samhain has extended the sale for today (I've just used the coupon )
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #11
ATDrake
Wizzard

Great; thanks for the heads-up!

I basically loaded up the cart with everything from the pre-order and new release section which had an interesting-looking storyline (or the author had handed out a previous freebie and had a decent-looking plot and prose) and where the sample read well.

Some of it I may regret later, but as long as they're decent light fun, it's not like I'm all that picky about paranormal investigative and cozy suspense stuff like I am about my sf/fantasy/sleuthy historicals and between the pre-order discount and the coupon discount, it works out to just under half the list price for DRM-free MultiFormat direct from a niche publisher who offers such which I'd like to support. :
Old 04-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
ATDrake
Wizzard

It turns out the code will still be valid for the rest of the day, through midnight April 24th, EST, in case anyone wants to go back and get anything else. I just checked and it's still working (and apparently for the general 30% off ones you can multi-use them, it would seem).

This via the reply I just got to the message I sent via the Contact Us form on Earth Day, and they said they'd be extending it until the end of the 24th.

Tags
discount code, samhain