Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #16
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloggy View Post
Gave it a try (Jotas4) and so so far so good. I'm still waiting for the functionality to be able to select which reader I want to use for ePub books (my preferred format). I know that in the new tiGOR 20100113 version there is an option after long-pressing 1-8 you can select the reader (Open). Any chance that can be built into Jotas* or Tirwal?

Thanks anyway for the good work!
Hello. Thanks (I suppose you use it in english, isn't it?)

New version (new kernel/SDK) ready from a time ago, but not stable and many fixes and new modules need. Wait for chinese and Buggins to release updates and patches.

I have cooperated and tested this idea and functions with Buggins from a long time ago to make it real and functional. Need still some small fixes and to be extended. I suppose that everything, kernel, fixes and firmware, need be out in February, ready and compiled also for Hanlin V3+ launch and retail sales.

Regards.
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:22 AM   #17
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I did it some time ago

Wow! Nobody works in spanish, russian and english forums!!! This seems an online chat!!!

Even, you can try to use your ereader and read books!

Glad to see you here
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 06:16 AM   #18
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Yep, I indeed use the English version..

It's not a problem to wait for the new version to become available. For now I can apply the trick to rename the .epub file.. to .fb2 (though in Calibre it's very easy to create both book types).

I've tested the tiGOR 20100113 version but is not stable enough and for what I've seen so far, it's not much faster than yours or Tirwal's firmware version. So, either you two guys did a hell of a job or the new SDK version still has a long way to go to catch up with your firmware versions..

I used to install the daily builds of OpenInkpot once a week put the latest daily build versions are getting instable and some functions disappear suddenly. The SSH connection disappeared from one day to the other and only a few weeks after I opened the ticket it was restored.

So, for the time being, and certainly till OpenInkpot has a decent PDF viewer, I prefer yours or Tirwal's version..

Regards..Dick
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 06:52 AM   #19
jotas
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloggy View Post
Yep, I indeed use the English version..

It's not a problem to wait for the new version to become available. For now I can apply the trick to rename the .epub file.. to .fb2 (though in Calibre it's very easy to create both book typed).

I've tested the tiGOR 20100113 version but is not stable enough and for what I've seen so far, it's not much faster than yours or Tirwal's firmware version. So, either you two guys did a hell of a job or the new SDK version still has a long way to go to catch up with your firmware versions..

I used to install the daily builds of OpenInkpot once a week put the latest daily build versions are getting instable and some functions disappear suddenly. The SSH connection disappeared from one day to the other and only a few weeks after I opened the ticket it was restored.

So, for the time being, and certainly till OpenInkpot has a decent PDF viewer, I prefer yours or Tirwal's version..

Regards..Dick
Hi,

Do you use hyphenation? In english, this is the only problem maybe you can have (or, we can consider try also the 4-chars patterns tip from solsticio, works almost perfectly in spanish while the new code and hyphenation algorithm is finally changed and fixed).

Believe me, "newSDK" versions are MUCH faster. Page turns and menus fly. And Cool Reader really is already ready and working for it... "only" need the new core, bookshelf and module fixes from Jinke.

"Tigor" version is no more, and no less (fine tricks), latest Buggins test version with very, very, small changes : http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...&p=28350#28350

Next version should be able to use, and select, among ADE or Cool Reader for EPUB, ADE or xPDF for PDF... and maybe even some more surprise

Regards.

Last edited by jotas; 01-22-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #20
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
Hi, no I do not use hyphenation and 99,9% of my ebooks are in English. ..
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert