Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-04-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
Crave
Crave began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Kobo mini help, ребята, please !

Hello, Dear! Help me please with original files for Kobo mini, which are located on microSD card initially. Because I try to download the new firmware with computer programm from official web-site, but after all acts Kobo mini write message like "Now is updating" and thats all ... Computer does not see the Kobo mini Kobo mini, when push the power button, only flashing green-blue-green and swich off. I pull out the microSD card from reader, put in she in the usb and windows write message like " You must format card before using". Thank you all, who read this and help me :3 God, please keeping all of you!
Crave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:06 PM   #2
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
What was you old version and what is the version you tried to install?

This is not a step by step manual, research every described step.

But either way I would recommend you to use a Linux live DVD (or usb stick), boot from it and then you see two or three partitions (drives) from your sdcard. First backup the whole sdcard, so you can go back every time you want. Figure out what is the name of the sdcard partitions and use dd if=/dev[your kobo partition] of=/media/[secondusbstick]/[backupname1].img - do that for all partitions, so you have 2 or 3 backup files. You can also try to make an additional backup with win32diskimager under windows.

After the backup under Linux take the last partition, you should see a .kobo directory and copy the KoboRoot.tgz from a official firmware into it. Try if the update finishes.

Last edited by Namenlos; 05-05-2017 at 04:16 PM.
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
help please, kobo mini, original files