Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-31-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
6thSense
6thSense began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Basketball book requests...

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I've been unable to find books on basketball. I'm a coach and always looking to read more about philosphies, strategies, etc. There are five books I've been trying to locate and keep coming up empty. Any suggestions? The five titles are...

1. Coaching From the HEART (More Than X's and O's) by Steve Biddison

2. Toughness Developing True Strength On and Off the Court By Jay Bilas

3. Swing Your Sword: Leading the Charge in Football and Life by Mike Leach and Bruce Feldman

4. Leading with the Heart: Coach K's Successful Strategies for Basketball, Business, and Life Mike Krzyzewski

5. Hard Work: A Life On and Off the Court by Roy Williams and Tim Crothers

Then there are three more on my wishlist which are...

6. Better Basketball Practices: A guide to planning and conducting efficient basketball practices and planning to build a winning basketball program by Kevin Sivils

7. Duke Sucks: A Completely Evenhanded, Unbiased Investigation into the Most Evil Team on Planet Earth by Reed Tucker, Andy Bagwell

8. Players First: Coaching from the Inside Out by John Calipari

Any assistance I'd greatly appreciate!

Thanks!
6thSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I found the first 2 at Amazon and even in a Kindle version, so I expect the others will be there, too.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Reading Recommendations forum.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:58 PM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
There are a LOT of choices on Amazon. One thing I'd suggest is to broaden your search to include the women's game as well. IMPO they play a truer game and focus more on fundamentals than dunks. There's a book by Pat Summitt, who might know just a bit about coaching. Should fit your criteria.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote