Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-27-2014, 10:52 PM   #46
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
I tried it in 3 different browsers that display the new style MYK page, and the new script didn't work with any of them.

Mine is the same as Valhalla's. My (new style) MYK page doesn't show tiles, either, and it's called "Manage Your Content and devices" as well.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:27 PM   #47
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

quiris, I don't know if other countries' MYK pages are formatted differently, but the US site doesn't display a "tiles view". It's a text view similar to the old style, but they have checkboxes in front of each book and the action button was moved to the left and is now a small square like this [...] .
Advert
Old 05-28-2014, 03:01 AM   #48
quiris
Groupie
quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles: KOA1, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmurph View Post
It's a text view similar to the old style, but they have checkboxes in front of each book and the action button was moved to the left and is now a small square like this [...] .
So it is even newer look of MYK site. In this case you should wait until I will be able to check this "new" site.

Update. Actually I see it

Last edited by quiris; 05-28-2014 at 03:03 AM.
quiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #49
quiris
Groupie
quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

A brand new bookmarklet MYK:CFPR3 only for the new Manage Your Content & Devices was published: http://blaut.biz/bookmarklets/

Last edited by quiris; 05-28-2014 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #50
Valhalla
Zealot
Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Success! Working well now. Thanks very much.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2014, 10:36 AM   #51
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer

It's working for me, too! Thank you SO much for the quick fix. I bookmarked both scripts on all of my devices, so I'll never be without them.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:42 AM   #52
NebularNovice
NebularNovice began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy bookmarklet not working for me

I must be doing something wrong because it does not work for me. I see an extra box to the right of my book listing. When I click on that, I see a flicker, but nothing like a confirmation. The furthest page read is not cleared for the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiris View Post
A brand new bookmarklet MYK:CFPR3 only for the new Manage Your Content & Devices was published: http://blaut.biz/bookmarklets/
NebularNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:53 AM   #53
quiris
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NebularNovice View Post
I must be doing something wrong because it does not work for me. I see an extra box to the right of my book listing. When I click on that, I see a flicker, but nothing like a confirmation. The furthest page read is not cleared for the book.
1) You should use MYK:CFPR3
2) It's important to narrow available books by using search field. Fewer books, less resources script consumes. Personally I am searching for only one book that I want to clear furthest page read.
3) After that click on MYK:CFPR3 button.
4) After that click on ClearFPR! button.

Should work fine.
Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #54
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer

And if it still doesn't work, try a different web browser. Some browsers don't handle scripts very well.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #55
NebularNovice
NebularNovice began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile MYK:CFPR3 now works for me!

Thanks for the rapid replies. (It took me longer to retry than it did for you to reply.)

I have retried it, having filtered down to only one book (doc). When I did that, it worked. I don't know whether that was the determining factor or not. (I was already using MYK:CFPR3.)

Thanks for the very useful bookmarklet.
NebularNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:36 PM   #56
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I cannot speak to all versions of the various Kindles, Fires and Kindle apps (not to mention Audible apps), but I think it is the case that those which have been updated in the last 6 months sync to 'most recent' position, and not 'furthest read'. This should work for both books and personal documents. On such devices/apps, there is usually also a way to go to 'furthest page read' (but not for 'personal documents', at least with the reading apps I checked just now).

This makes it trivial to reset the reading position: just go to the desired position, and sync (when online). Any of the devices or apps that understand 'most recent' will pick that up and offer the option to jump to a 'most recent' location, if one exists.

Older devices, like PW1, still want to go to 'furthest page read'.

In my opinion 'most recent' is usually the more appropriate choice. 'Furthest read' as this thread evidences, is fraught with inconvenience should you accidentally jump and sync to a location, as it is a 'monotonically increasing' function and must be reset by going to MYX. 'Most recent' can get you 'lost' also, but at least you can re-establish it on any device. It also works well for reference books where you may jump around more, rather than reading linearly.

That said, I find sync doesn't always handle every scenario correctly (even in the sunny day cases where devices have constant internet connections), particularly with switching between audiobook and ebook (on a single Fire device even). And sometimes the choice offered makes no sense, for example I may listen to an audiobook while offline, and when coming back online it offers to go to a 'most recent' (but past and previous) location on some other device, even though I just spent a couple of hours going further, and the timestamp for the achieved location is clearly both more recent and further than location reported for the other device. So I don't think they have a solid 'sync test plan' in place as they update things.

It's a pretty big and growing matrix of combinations that need testing, and much larger than any other vendor has to deal with, but it is an important feature and the effort should be justified.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:37 AM   #57
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer

@Quiris... I'm not sure why, but the CFPR3 script is no longer working for me. The last time I used it was 5 months ago, and it worked perfectly. It worked on ALL of my devices...my laptop, my android tablet and my iPhone...and with several different browsers.

But today I needed to use it and I couldn't get it to work on ANY browser, on ANY device.

Is it possible that Amazon changed something? If they did, are you able to modify the script so it will work again?
Old 11-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #58
quiris
Groupie

Quote:
But today I needed to use it and I couldn't get it to work on ANY browser, on ANY device.

Is it possible that Amazon changed something? If they did, are you able to modify the script so it will work again?
The bookmarklet was fixed Drag it on your bookmark bar: http://blaut.biz/bookmarklets/
Old 11-18-2015, 02:36 PM   #59
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiris View Post
The bookmarklet was fixed Drag it on your bookmark bar: http://blaut.biz/bookmarklets/
Wow, that was fast! Thank you SO much! Working perfectly again.
You deserve an award for this amazing bookmarklet.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:30 AM   #60
bombadilio
bombadilio began at the beginning.

Device: kindole
Quote:
Wow, that was fast! Thank you SO much! Working perfectly again.
You deserve an award for this amazing bookmarklet.
Does not work anymore. Anyone figure out a fix?
bombadilio is offline   Reply With Quote