Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #31
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's why Amazon added the facility to reset it to the "Manager My Kindle" page.
Do you think they'll ever make that feature available on personal documents?
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #32
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not true. Downloading new books is a separate process to syncing reading location between devices. You can switch off location syncing from the "Manage Your Kindle" page on the Amazon site, while still retaining the ability to download books.
I know, I just meant that connecting to the internet will result in my device syncing. And I need Whispersync, so I can't turn it off. So, indirectly, downloading books will result in a sync.
Advert
Old 05-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I appreciate that location syncing is useful to you, but until Amazon get around to adding a reset facility, you'll have to decide which is the lesser of the two evils: turning off location syncing or having no reset facility.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #34
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer

Quote:
I appreciate that location syncing is useful to you, but until Amazon get around to adding a reset facility, you'll have to decide which is the lesser of the two evils: turning off location syncing or having no reset facility.
Well, obviously. I don't have a choice, and it's only one book right now, so I'm living with it as is, because the syncing of the many outweighs the syncing of the one.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:35 PM   #35
quiris
Groupie
quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles: KOA1, KV
Vmurph, use my own bookmarklet for clearing furthest page read... in Personal Documents: MYK:CFPR2.
1) Go to site: http://blaut.biz/bookmarklets/
2) Drag and drop on your bookmarks bar an orange link: MYK:CFPR2
3) Go to http://amazon.com/myk site
4) Click the dragged bookmark MYK:CFPR2
5) Below each book a button Clear furthest page read... will appear.
6) Click a button below your chosen book.
7) Wait a second for confirmation dialog box: The furthest page read has been reset.
8) That's all
Note! If step 7 will fail repeat from step 6 one more time

Last edited by quiris; 05-25-2014 at 02:07 AM.
quiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2014, 01:16 AM   #36
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiris View Post
Vmurph, use my own bookmarklet for clearing furthest page read... in Personal Documents: MYK:CFPR2.
1) Go to site: http://blaut.biz/bookmarklets/
2) Drag and drop on your bookmarks bar an orange link: MYK:CFPR2
3) Go to http://amazon.com/myk site
4) Click the dragged bookmark MYK:CFPR2
5) Below each book a button Clear furthest page read... will appear.
6) Click a button below your chosen book.
7) Wait a second for confirmation dialog box: The furthest page read has been reset.
8) That's all
Note! If step 7 will fail repeat from step 6 on more time
OMG, IT WORKS! You, my friend, are a HERO!!! Thank you SO much for this incredibly useful tool. +++++Karma

This should be stickied. Can someone please sticky that post so others will see it, too?

-------------
EDIT: Btw, I also tested it on a few mobile devices and it works beautifully on them as well.

iPhone/iPod/iPad with Safari Mobile browser, and Nexus 7 Android tablet with Opera browser.
(it might work with Chrome, too, but I didn't try it)

-------------

Last edited by Vmurph; 05-25-2014 at 02:18 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:32 AM   #37
quiris
Groupie
quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'quiris understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

I built it on Google Chrome so it works on it

Last edited by quiris; 05-25-2014 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:04 AM   #38
Valhalla
Zealot
Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I tried this and it didn't work. When I clicked the bookmark nothing happened ie no buttons appeared. Tried it on Chrome and IE. Am I doing something wrong or could it be a browser setting?

Thanks
Glenn
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:04 AM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you checked to make sure that your browser isn't blocking script execution?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #40
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I remember there was a script for multi-deleting books, which was being blocked because of mixed content. Is this being served over http or https?

The other bookmarklet was fixed by being moved to github -- free https hosting.

I'd've checked the bookmarklet myself already, but I'm typing this on my Kindle.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:00 AM   #41
quiris
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Is this being served over http or https?
The bookmarklet doesn't load any external content.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:04 AM   #42
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla View Post
I tried this and it didn't work. When I clicked the bookmark nothing happened ie no buttons appeared. Tried it on Chrome and IE. Am I doing something wrong or could it be a browser setting?
I wonder if it has something to do with the old vs new format of the MYK page.

I know Amazon redesigned the MYK page, but only some people see the new format. I still see the old style MYK page in most of my browsers, but one of them (I forget which) displays the page in the new format.

I tried the script on that page, but it didn't work. I assumed it was because of the browser, but now I'm not so sure. I have a feeling that the script only works on the old style MYK page. Which presents a problem, because once the new format rolls out to everyone on all browsers, the script will no longer work for anyone.

Last edited by Vmurph; 05-27-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:42 AM   #43
quiris
Groupie

I published also bookmarklet for a new version of MYK site (books visible as tiles) MYK:CFPRn. Check if it does work for you: http://blaut.biz/bookmarklets/
Old 05-27-2014, 10:20 PM   #44
Valhalla
Zealot
Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valhalla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still doesn't work for me. I have a new version of MYK but it doesn't show books as tiles
Old 05-27-2014, 10:29 PM   #45
Valhalla
Zealot

If I go to amazon uk or au, I get the old style MYK and CFPR2 shows me the buttons, so it's not my browser. My new screen on Amazon US is called ''Manage Your Content and devices' and is completely different to the old style.