Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-31-2021, 07:55 PM   #1
kpoviv
kpoviv began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Connect an external keyboard to Kindle?

Is it possible to connect an external keyboard in kindle and use it as a notepad? Some of the old or new models have that characteristic?
kpoviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 10:04 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I wish it did, I don’t think even jailbreak can confer this functionality (via Bluetooth or USB).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:01 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
No, it doesn't work.

It's not that the Paperwhite 3 doesn't do USB2Go, because a generic USB audiostick works on an adaptor for text to speech, though two sets of download are needed from Amazon.

It might be possible via serial on some old jailbroken Kindle Keyboard 3 or DXG.

Out of the box the Kobo Touch, original H2O, Libra, Sony PRS350 and PRS-T1 don't

January 2021 updated Boyue Likebook Mars works with BT keyboard, but a USB one doesn't seem to work. A USB keyboard works on a prehistoric Sony-Ericson Android phone too as well as my newer phone, 7" tablet and 10" tablet. I use Jota for notes.

Also on the Kindle you'd need an outline journal / diary book and annotate it as there is no note taking app, unlike old Sony PRS350, but then you need the ancient Sony windows program to get the notes back.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 10:06 PM   #4
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
I've seen this hack a couple of years ago. If I get the link, I will post it
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 01:47 AM   #5
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
USB OTG Mouse Support (don't know about keaboard)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=276501
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:26 AM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
USB OTG Mouse Support (don't know about keaboard)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=276501
Needs extra software and a jailbreak. Obviously the PW3 has USB host mode as the USB audio works. But there is no built-in keyboard or mouse support. Many versions of more recent Kindle Firmware can't be jailbroken, and you can't load earlier versions of FW, like on a Kobo.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, external, keyboard, kindle