Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #76
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You haven't run the menu item to do so. See the attached image.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qs_updating_library_codes_genre.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	488.5 KB
ID:	148167  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 04:45 PM   #77
jli-23
jli-23 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
That worked

Thanks. That worked. Much appreciated.
jli-23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2016, 11:24 AM   #78
ntan234
ntan234 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK simple
I try many times, but this plugin cannot run
Please help me.
I added columns manually; it can't run.
I try to add automatically; this error appears: "global name DEBUG is not defined."

Link image
in the case you cannot see the picture:
calibre 2.57.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM && Diaps Editing Toolbag && Goodreads && Library Codes
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.library_codes_dialo g", line 499, in autoadd_custom_columns
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.library_codes_dialo g", line 652, in submit_subprocess
NameError: global name 'DEBUG' is not defined
ntan234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #79
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whoops. My mistake. I will upload a new version ASAP.

DaltonST

Edit: New version uploaded.

Last edited by DaltonST; 05-26-2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Uploaded new version.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #80
ntan234
ntan234 began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Whoops. My mistake. I will upload a new version ASAP.

DaltonST

Edit: New version uploaded.
Got it! Thank you very much
ntan234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2016, 12:30 PM   #81
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.27 Posted: Linux and OSX Compatibility Improvements

Version 1.0.27 - 2016-06-24 Compatibility improvement for use with Linux and OSX; now does not delete any Identifier that begins with a 'z', and also not 'doi' that is used in ZMI.

DaltonST
Old 07-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #82
mariaclaudia
Zealot
mariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of lightmariaclaudia is a glorious beacon of light

Hi: what I do wrong? I mean, I installed the plugin and I have sometimes run it, of course not all the times all the books I selected collect data, but sometimes the plugin show me this message:

As you see in the capture, all the columns that the plugin need are created, so, why the message says "must exist" if those columns really exist?

Regards from Lima, Perú
Blessings

PD
Sorry my grammar
mariaclaudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:10 PM   #83
DaltonST
Deviser

The message is about missing data for the selected books, not about missing custom columns. LC works with data to get more data. It takes data to get data. The message says that the selected books offer nothing to work with.

Be sure to run the Extract ISBN plugin for books with no ISBN. If that does not help, then download metadata ftom a source that provides ISBN without asking for it, which will require a bit of trial and error. Or try ISBNDB.

DaltonST
Old 09-18-2016, 07:32 PM   #84
DolusBonus
DolusBonus began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Keypad
DDC/LLC to LC_Genre Mapping

First thanks for an excellent addition to Calibre!

Can you help me understand the DDC/LLC to Genre mapping feature?

Is the idea that I create my own mapping info and then continue to add to it as I add more DDC/LLC to Genre paths?

Is there an example I could look at?
DolusBonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #85
DaltonST
Deviser

Deriving 'LC Genre' from DDC & LCC

@DolusBonus:

LC comes preloaded for DDC mappings to LC Genre, so it works out-of-the-box if you use DDCs. Just run it via the menu.

If any DDCs are missing for whatever reason, you can add them using the template .csv file for DDC mappings attached to the Original Post.

If you want to change any DDC mappings, you can change them in that same .csv file.

If you want to use LCC mappings, there is a template file for LCC attached to the OP.

Since LC automatically derives both DDC and LCC from ISBNs simultaneously, you might as well tell it to update both Custom Columns while it has the data anyway.

Personally, I use DDC mappings to derive LC Genre for books that have a DDC. If not, and if they have a LCC, I use LCC mappings. I just flip the switch in Configuration to swap from using DDC to using LCC for the mappings to LC Genre.

So, my books have the following classification metadata: Tags; Genres (via my CALM and Q&S plug-ins); DDC; LCC; LC Genres (using DDC mappings if they have a DDC, and LCC mappings if not and if they do have a LCC); and LCEAD.

Generally speaking, most factual (non-fiction) books have a LCC, and most fiction books do not have a LCC. Many exceptions to that rule of thumb, of course.

Obviously, you can select each type of Fiction (Science, Romance, Thrillers, etc.) and use Bulk Metadata Edit to set missing DDC and LCC values as appropriate. Afterwards, run the LC Genre update menu item.

Again, LC comes preloaded for DDC mappings to LC Genre, so it works out-of-the-box if you use DDCs. After you have set your LC Configuration Options, just run it via the menu, which is attached below. Note the sub-menu ToolTip.

Good luck.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lc_genre_menu.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	439.0 KB
ID:	151764  
Old 02-22-2017, 07:28 PM   #86
LinuxDan
LinuxDan began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Help with ISSN

I want to add magazines to Calibre and I found ISSN references on the title page, but I cannot figure out how to configure this plugin to work.

LinuxDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:41 PM   #87
DaltonST
Deviser

LC works on ebooks that already exist in Calibre.

See the Original Post plus the LC menu ToolTips for more information.

Note that PDFs that are pure images cannot be processed because they are pictures, not text, just scanned text.

DaltonST
Old 09-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #88
callistabr
callistabr began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Also need help with ISSNs/magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinuxDan View Post
I want to add magazines to Calibre and I found ISSN references on the title page, but I cannot figure out how to configure this plugin to work.

I am also trying to figure this out. I have a magazine PDF with an ISSN on the cover but the plugin can't extract it and I can't input it anywhere. The "codes" (ISBN) field already in Calibre doesn't accept the ISSN. I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to use this plugin. Is there a simple instruction manual? I read all the posts in this thread and looked at all the screen shots but I'm still really lost.
callistabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:34 PM   #89
DaltonST
Deviser

callistabr:

You quoted LinuxDan's question from months ago, but not my answer to him, which was:

Quote:
LC works on ebooks that already exist in Calibre.

See the Original Post plus the LC menu ToolTips for more information.

Note that PDFs that are pure images cannot be processed because they are pictures, not text, just scanned text.

There is nothing to configure to extract ISSN. If there were, you would see it in the Customization dialog along with ToolTips related to its customization.

See the attached picture of the Main Menu Tooltips regarding ISSN, which was referenced in the quoted response above to LinuxDan.

I surmise that your "magazines" are scanned text ("pictures"), not text. As mentioned above, PDFs that are pure images cannot be processed because there is no text to process. LC is not an OCR application.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	lc_issn_tooltip.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	236.3 KB
ID:	159201  
Old 09-29-2017, 08:15 AM   #90
callistabr
callistabr began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
callistabr:

You quoted LinuxDan's question from months ago, but not my answer to him, which was:

There is nothing to configure to extract ISSN. If there were, you would see it in the Customization dialog along with ToolTips related to its customization.

See the attached picture of the Main Menu Tooltips regarding ISSN, which was referenced in the quoted response above to LinuxDan.

I surmise that your "magazines" are scanned text ("pictures"), not text. As mentioned above, PDFs that are pure images cannot be processed because there is no text to process. LC is not an OCR application.

DaltonST
Thank you, DaltonST. The magazine itself is in text (I can copy and paste the text just fine from Acrobat and other PDF readers), but now I see that the ISSN with the bar code is in fact an image. That was where my confusion was. So I assume there is no way to directly input the ISSN number into a field using this plugin? It only works as an extractor? Thanks for your help.
callistabr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ddc, dewey decimal, lcc, library of congress, oclc