Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-03-2020, 08:08 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques91 View Post
as I am not familiar with the forum capabilities and PM , please can you tell me how to mail you the log file ? Thanks
Click on my name next to this post. You should get a menu. Select the "Send a private message to..." option. That will open a page to send a PM to me. Paste the contents of the log into that and send it. Or upload it somewhere and paste the link to the location and send that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:23 PM   #32
jacques91
jacques91 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
OK did it. Did you get it ?
Thanks
jacques91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 06:59 PM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK did it. Did you get it ?
I have sent a reply.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:18 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What was the problem and what is the possible solution?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 07:31 AM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@jacques91: The log shows the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 377, in safe_format
  File "site-packages/calibre/utils/formatter.py", line 344, in evaluate
  File "lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/book/formatter.py", line 31, in get_value
ValueError: Valeur*: champ inconnu #subtitle
And you have the following template for the subtitle in the KoboTouch driver configuration:

Code:
{#subtitle}
The error is that you do not have a column called "#subtitle" in your calibre library. You will need to add it or turn off the subtitle option in the driver.

But, this wouldn't prevent the metadata from being updated. And as far as I can see, everything else is fine. The metadata should be updated. At the end of the log is:

Code:
DEBUG:   17.7 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Number of core metadata set=731 Number of books=731
Which means that there were 731 books on the device that were matched with books in your calibre library. And that some part of the metadata was updated for all 731 books.

So, as far as I can tell, the metadata is being updated. But, what isn't being updated?
Old 01-06-2020, 11:53 AM   #36
jacques91

Thanks davidfor , I have removed the subtitle string in the kobo drive configuration, and you are right metadata should be updated...but not the series as per the following command in the driver:
{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| | – }{title}

Theses are updated as I wrote when I ask for updating the metadata in the kobo library from the KoboUtilities v2.9.0 plugin.
It used to work like a charm before ...
Old 01-06-2020, 08:44 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks davidfor , I have removed the subtitle string in the kobo drive configuration, and you are right metadata should be updated...but not the series as per the following command in the driver:
{series:re(([^\s])[^\s]+(\s|$),\1)}{series_index:0>2s| | – }{title}

Theses are updated as I wrote when I ask for updating the metadata in the kobo library from the KoboUtilities v2.9.0 plugin.
It used to work like a charm before ...
I think we have a complete and utter misunderstanding of what is going on. The template above us the "Save template". This is used to set the file name of the books when sent to the device. This does not appear in the metadata. The recent couple of firmware versions will show this on the details page of the book, but it does not appear anywhere in the library lists for epubs or kepubs. It will be used as the title of a book for the formats that do not have internal metadata. This happens for plain text and CBR or CBZ files.

If the file names on the device do not match what is in the template, then there is a problem. But, nothing so far suggests that is the case.

If you are intending that the above template would set the title of the book when displayed in the library lists, you need to use it in a metadata plugboard.

With this, I am confused about what the problem is. Your first post does say the series info displayed on the device. But, this is referring to the file name. Can you clear state what the problem is? And check that it is still a problem.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:03 AM   #38
jacques91

Sorry for misunderstanding,
I have used the mentioned template for quite long time now to allow series to be sorted out and easily retrieved in my kobo. As said, it seems that this template is not considered as it used to be: now when transferring a book from calibre to kobo, everything is fine except for the series name which aren't (as it used to be with this template).
I need to use the "update metadata" menu in the koboUtilities menu when the kobo is plugged in to make it done correctly. Is this clearer ?
Thanks
Old 01-07-2020, 08:14 AM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sorry for misunderstanding,
I have used the mentioned template for quite long time now to allow series to be sorted out and easily retrieved in my kobo. As said, it seems that this template is not considered as it used to be: now when transferring a book from calibre to kobo, everything is fine except for the series name which aren't (as it used to be with this template).
I need to use the "update metadata" menu in the koboUtilities menu when the kobo is plugged in to make it done correctly. Is this clearer ?
Thanks
According to the log, the series info should be being updated automatically by the driver. And if the Update metadata in Kobo Utilities is working, then it isn't database problems. Have you let the driver just do it's thing without using the Kobo Utilities?

If it still isn't working, then there is something more we can do for debugging. Pick a book that isn't getting the series info updated, open the driver configuration and go to the "Metadata, on device & advanced" tab. Then put the title in the "Title to test when debugging" field. Then run calibre in debug mode, connect the device and send me the log again. That parameter will print more details about the book with that title. It will show me more about what is going on.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:51 PM   #40
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Looking at the latest log, I can see the following:

Code:
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - book.title=En l'an 2513, Tome 1 : L'homme, une espèce en voie de disparition
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - contentId=file:///mnt/onboard/El2 01 - En l_an 2513, Tome 1 _ L_homme, une espece en voie de disparition.epub,update_core_metadata=True,update_purchased_kepubs=True, book.is_sideloaded=True
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - calling set_core_metadata
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:set_core_metadata book="Title               : En l'an 2513, Tome 1 : L'homme, une espèce en voie de disparition
Title sort          : En l'an 2513, Tome 1 : L'homme, une espèce en voie de disparition
Author(s)           : Kim Amiano K. [K., Kim Amiano]
Publisher           : Nombre 7
Series              : En l'an 2513 #1
Languages           : fra
Rating              : 5
Timestamp           : 2020-01-06T22:30:14+00:00
Published           : 2019-04-23T22:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : amazon_fr:236832805X, isbn:9782368328057
Comments            : <div>
<p>Quand règne la loi du plus fort, le chasseur change de sexe Cinq cents ans se sont écoulés balayant notre civilisation. Le monde n’est que ruine et désolation. Les derniers habitants de la planète doivent se battre jour après jour pour leur survie. Entre guerres chimiques et cataclysmes planétaires, l’humanité semble avoir perdu tout espoir. La recherche du profit au XXIe siècle ayant eu des répercussions inimaginables, les hommes sont désormais une espèce en voie de disparition. Devenues majoritaires, les femmes s’organisent au sein de sociétés où l’homme n’est considéré que comme un simple reproducteur. Pourchassés dans ce but, les derniers hommes libres se cachent. Après des années d’errance, Moz arrive dans l’un des derniers clans d’hommes d’Europe. Dans un monde en ruine, ce dernier trouve le journal intime d’une grand-mère des années 2000. Seul témoin d’une société à bout de souffle, ce journal fait écho au quotidien des derniers hommes survivants… <br>**<br><br>### Biographie de l'auteur<br>Née au Venezuela de parents français, Kim Amiano K. est romancière et dramaturge. Elle est passée par Paris, Montpellier et La Réunion. C’est la nostalgie et l’inquiétude du monde actuel qui l’ont poussée à prendre la plume, le tout armée d’une passion pour le suspense et d’un soupçon de surnaturel. Déjà auteure de plusieurs romans, nouvelles et pièces, Kim Amiano K a créé son propre one woman show en 2004 Je me soigne.</p></div>
Kobo metadata:
Content ID          : file:///mnt/onboard/El2 01 - En l_an 2513, Tome 1 _ L_homme, une espece en voie de disparition.epub
Title               : En l'an 2513, Tome 1 : L'homme, une espèce en voie de disparition
Author(s)           : Kim Amiano K.", series_only="False"
Device using plugboard epub KOBOTOUCH None
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:set_core_metadata set_clause=", Series = ? , SeriesNumber = ? , Publisher = ? , DateCreated = ? , Description = ? , ISBN = ? , Language = ? "
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:set_core_metadata update_values="[u"En l'an 2513", u'1', u'Nombre 7', u'2019-04-23T22:00:00Z', u"<div>\n<p>Quand r\xe8gne la loi du plus fort, le chasseur change de sexe Cinq cents ans se sont \xe9coul\xe9s balayant notre civilisation. Le monde n\u2019est que ruine et d\xe9solation. Les derniers habitants de la plan\xe8te doivent se battre jour apr\xe8s jour pour leur survie. Entre guerres chimiques et cataclysmes plan\xe9taires, l\u2019humanit\xe9 semble avoir perdu tout espoir. La recherche du profit au XXIe si\xe8cle ayant eu des r\xe9percussions inimaginables, les hommes sont d\xe9sormais une esp\xe8ce en voie de disparition. Devenues majoritaires, les femmes s\u2019organisent au sein de soci\xe9t\xe9s o\xf9 l\u2019homme n\u2019est consid\xe9r\xe9 que comme un simple reproducteur. Pourchass\xe9s dans ce but, les derniers hommes libres se cachent. Apr\xe8s des ann\xe9es d\u2019errance, Moz arrive dans l\u2019un des derniers clans d\u2019hommes d\u2019Europe. Dans un monde en ruine, ce dernier trouve le journal intime d\u2019une grand-m\xe8re des ann\xe9es 2000. Seul t\xe9moin d\u2019une soci\xe9t\xe9 \xe0 bout de souffle, ce journal fait \xe9cho au quotidien des derniers hommes survivants\u2026 <br>**<br><br>### Biographie de l'auteur<br>N\xe9e au Venezuela de parents fran\xe7ais, Kim Amiano K. est romanci\xe8re et dramaturge. Elle est pass\xe9e par Paris, Montpellier et La R\xe9union. C\u2019est la nostalgie et l\u2019inqui\xe9tude du monde actuel qui l\u2019ont pouss\xe9e \xe0 prendre la plume, le tout arm\xe9e d\u2019une passion pour le suspense et d\u2019un soup\xe7on de surnaturel. D\xe9j\xe0 auteure de plusieurs romans, nouvelles et pi\xe8ces, Kim Amiano K a cr\xe9\xe9 son propre one woman show en 2004 Je me soigne.</p></div>", u'9782368328057', u'fr']"
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:set_core_metadata - about to set - parameters: [u"En l'an 2513", u'1', u'Nombre 7', u'2019-04-23T22:00:00Z', u"<div>\n<p>Quand r\xe8gne la loi du plus fort, le chasseur change de sexe Cinq cents ans se sont \xe9coul\xe9s balayant notre civilisation. Le monde n\u2019est que ruine et d\xe9solation. Les derniers habitants de la plan\xe8te doivent se battre jour apr\xe8s jour pour leur survie. Entre guerres chimiques et cataclysmes plan\xe9taires, l\u2019humanit\xe9 semble avoir perdu tout espoir. La recherche du profit au XXIe si\xe8cle ayant eu des r\xe9percussions inimaginables, les hommes sont d\xe9sormais une esp\xe8ce en voie de disparition. Devenues majoritaires, les femmes s\u2019organisent au sein de soci\xe9t\xe9s o\xf9 l\u2019homme n\u2019est consid\xe9r\xe9 que comme un simple reproducteur. Pourchass\xe9s dans ce but, les derniers hommes libres se cachent. Apr\xe8s des ann\xe9es d\u2019errance, Moz arrive dans l\u2019un des derniers clans d\u2019hommes d\u2019Europe. Dans un monde en ruine, ce dernier trouve le journal intime d\u2019une grand-m\xe8re des ann\xe9es 2000. Seul t\xe9moin d\u2019une soci\xe9t\xe9 \xe0 bout de souffle, ce journal fait \xe9cho au quotidien des derniers hommes survivants\u2026 <br>**<br><br>### Biographie de l'auteur<br>N\xe9e au Venezuela de parents fran\xe7ais, Kim Amiano K. est romanci\xe8re et dramaturge. Elle est pass\xe9e par Paris, Montpellier et La R\xe9union. C\u2019est la nostalgie et l\u2019inqui\xe9tude du monde actuel qui l\u2019ont pouss\xe9e \xe0 prendre la plume, le tout arm\xe9e d\u2019une passion pour le suspense et d\u2019un soup\xe7on de surnaturel. D\xe9j\xe0 auteure de plusieurs romans, nouvelles et pi\xe8ces, Kim Amiano K a cr\xe9\xe9 son propre one woman show en 2004 Je me soigne.</p></div>", u'9782368328057', u'fr', u'file:///mnt/onboard/El2 01 - En l_an 2513, Tome 1 _ L_homme, une espece en voie de disparition.epub']
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:set_core_metadata - about to set - update_query: UPDATE content SET  Series = ? , SeriesNumber = ? , Publisher = ? , DateCreated = ? , Description = ? , ISBN = ? , Language = ? WHERE ContentID = ? AND BookID IS NULL
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:set_core_metadata - end
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - about to remove a book from shelves book.title=En l'an 2513, Tome 1 : L'homme, une espèce en voie de disparition
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:remove_book_from_device_bookshelves - book.application_id="1444"
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:remove_book_from_device_bookshelves - book.contentID="file:///mnt/onboard/El2 01 - En l_an 2513, Tome 1 _ L_homme, une espece en voie de disparition.epub"
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:remove_book_from_device_bookshelves - book.device_collections= [u"En l'an 2513"]
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:remove_book_from_device_bookshelves - book.current_shelves= []
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:remove_book_from_device_bookshelves - remove_shelf_list= set([])
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - about to clear empty bookshelves
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:delete_empty_bookshelves - start
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:delete_empty_bookshelves - end
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Number of series set=0 Number of books=733
DEBUG:   41.2 KoboTouch:update_device_database_collections - Number of core metadata set=9 Number of books=733
Those lines suggest that the series info is being updated for that book. The first lines, marked in red, show the series info for the book is "En l'an 2513" and the index is 1.

The line marked in green, show how many books were looked at for updating the metadata and how many needed changes. The total books of 733 agrees with the previous log. Which also updated all of them. This time only 9 books are being updated. That is what I would expect. Between the last log and this log, 9 books have had metadata changed so that it doesn't match what is on the device.

Based on this logm the book "En l'an 2513, Tome 1 : L'homme, une espèce en voie de disparition" will be showing the series info as "En l'an 2513 - 1" (in uppercase) in the book lists on the device. Are you saying that this is not the case? If so, could you reboot the device and check what is displayed.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:55 AM   #41
jacques91

done as per your recommandation and I confirm that series info for that book isn't listed in the book list on the device. Rebooting the kobo hasn't change anything
Old 01-08-2020, 06:06 AM   #42
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
done as per your recommandation and I confirm that series info for that book isn't listed in the book list on the device. Rebooting the kobo hasn't change anything
In that case, I have no idea what is happening. The code works here every time. The logs say it is happening. So, I don't know why you are not seeing it.

About the only thing I can think of at the moment is to look at the database on the device. I can at least check whether it does contain what I expect see. The database is in the .kobo directory and is called "KoboReader.sqlite".

But, I would be interested to see a screen shot. This is weird enough I want to see what is actually displayed.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:28 AM   #43
jacques91

by the way, FYI, I also have a kobo AURA at home and it has the same behavior with series.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #44
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
by the way, FYI, I also have a kobo AURA at home and it has the same behavior with series.
You must have something weird in a setting someplace.

I recently STOPPED using KEPUB on my Aura2 (page render issues) and went back to EPUB format.
I thought I would lose series info. Nope:
After the second connect, there it was on the My Books list, correct, even with the correct index value.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:51 PM   #45
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You must have something weird in a setting someplace.
It has to be, but, I can't find it.
Quote:
I recently STOPPED using KEPUB on my Aura2 (page render issues) and went back to EPUB format.
I thought I would lose series info. Nope:
After the second connect, there it was on the My Books list, correct, even with the correct index value.
All the metadata management code is in the KoboTouch driver. The KoboTouchExtended driver subclasses this so it gets all the function plus the bit it adds. And you will get the metadata updates for all formats. Or at least you should. I don't remember if I have tried all the formats that the Kobo ereaders support.