Notices

Old 11-22-2022, 02:57 AM   #1
cktan
cktan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Interactive ePub Authoring Tool

Hii all,

Nice to meet you.

I am trying to add the read-aloud feature to my children's books to help the children to read. I have tried many tools, CircularFlo, PubCoder, Kotobee, etc.

The EPUB3 generated with CircularFlo and PubCoder work perfectly with the read-aloud feature on Apple Books but not Google Books. I spoke to CircularFlo tech team online and know that the software doesn't support Google Books yet.

I spent many days looking into different app but have had no luck on that. Does anybody have any authoring tools to recommend?

The read-aloud book should allow to use author's own narration and have the word highlighted when it is being read. For example, please refer to this eBook on Google Play Books.

Any helps or suggestions given is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Cheekian
cktan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 04:16 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why not buy that eBook, remove the DRM, and look at the code?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2022, 09:32 AM   #3
cktan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Hi JSWolf,

Thank you for your reply. I tried the method you mentioned. Google Play Books gave me an .acsm file. It seems like the publisher has disabled the download. I used Digital Editions to open the .acsm file. It said unable to download, error with the license server.

Thanks,
Ck
Old 11-22-2022, 10:00 AM   #4
cktan

Quote:
I did purchase the ebook, exported it in .acsm format, the only available format. When I try to open the exported file with ADE, it shows the error message "Unable to download. Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL.

I guess that mean the publisher disabled the download?
Old 11-23-2022, 03:26 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cktan View Post
I did purchase the ebook, exported it in .acsm format, the only available format. When I try to open the exported file with ADE, it shows the error message "Unable to download. Error getting license. License server communication problem: E_ADEPT_INTERNAL.

It means something went wrong. Keep trying. Eventually it will download the eBook.

What version ADE are you using?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2022, 01:43 AM   #6
Dandelion13
Dandelion13 began at the beginning.

May I ask what's wrong with Kotobee? I know a few people who use it and the read-aloud function works pretty well with their first grade children's ebooks.
Dandelion13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:16 AM   #7
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cktan View Post

Quote:
It means something went wrong. Keep trying. Eventually it will download the eBook.

What version ADE are you using?
It appears there is a problem with google play and acsm.
See this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=350520
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote