Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-20-2022, 06:52 AM   #1
retro
Groupie
retro doesn't litterretro doesn't litterretro doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Clara Blue PRS 350
Libra 2 $119/$99

Libra 2 on sale right now on amazon.
Black $119
White $99

Probably won't last long.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 07:30 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; 11-20-2022 at 10:06 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2022, 09:07 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
Libra 2 on sale right now on amazon.
Black $119
White $99

Probably won't last long.
I think I would be a little leery of this outfit, named "BJHKKJB?" When you go to their store site you see the business name is hezelingcongwangluokejiyouxianzerengongsi.

And (attached) is what you find when you look up their business address on Google Maps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	119.jpg
Views:	828
Size:	252.7 KB
ID:	197890  
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:25 AM   #4
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I think I would be a little leery of this outfit, named "BJHKKJB?" When you go to their store site you see the business name is hezelingcongwangluokejiyouxianzerengongsi.

And (attached) is what you find when you look up their business address on Google Maps.
I've seen company names like that selling bootleg DVDs of Disney / Marvel TV series that were never released on DVD. Amazon has ZERO oversight. Buyer beware.

Think about it. What if you want to return the item? Best of luck!
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:38 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Taken down?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2022, 10:05 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Taken down?
I guess so.
Old 11-20-2022, 12:54 PM   #7
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Still there for me. I wouldn't take the risk.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 01:12 PM   #8
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Still there for me, too. I'm surprised, because I saw the good price for the reader last night and ordered it, only to receive an email from Amazon a couple of hours later saying the order was cancelled because the seller was no longer selling on the Amazon website.

Not sure what tools Amazon has to prevent a seller from just posting a new offer after their old one has been taken down.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 01:12 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HSRLQVX

I'd risk it. I'd use a credit card or PayPal and because I'd be buying through Amazon, I'd have some protection.
Old 11-20-2022, 06:04 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HSRLQVX

I'd risk it. I'd use a credit card or PayPal and because I'd be buying through Amazon, I'd have some protection.

That link works, and I'm now seeing it.

(But the price is so low that I'm leery of buying it.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 08:11 PM   #11
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
just out of curiosity, I went to see the seller website, seems legit...
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 08:13 PM   #12
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
just out of curiosity, I went to see the seller website, seems legit...
BlueProton is legit; it’s the seller of the cheap Libras who is suspect.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 09:03 PM   #13
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
BlueProton is legit; it’s the seller of the cheap Libras who is suspect.
well, I mean... earlier today when I checked that 119$/$99 flash sale, the seller of B09HSRGZRL was BlueProton

(unfortunately I just noticed the seller doesn't show in the screenshot I'd taken)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap0868 2022-11-20, 23_04_14.png
Views:	132
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	197897  

Last edited by Comfy.n; 11-20-2022 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-20-2022, 09:55 PM   #14
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
well, I mean... earlier today when I checked that 119$/$99 flash sale, the seller of B09HSRGZRL was BlueProton

(unfortunately I just noticed the seller doesn't show in the screenshot I'd taken)
When I saw it up, which wasn't long, the white one was $99, and seller was "visit the Kobo Store".

I suspect someone behind the scenes is having trouble with the settings somewhere.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 10:35 PM   #15
Comfy.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
When I saw it up, which wasn't long, the white one was $99, and seller was "visit the Kobo Store".

I suspect someone behind the scenes is having trouble with the settings somewhere.
It would show "visit Kobo Store" below the product title, but upon clicking somewhere in the page I don't recall, a frame on the right would show up and display BP as the seller.

BTW I only saw that up when using a US IP; the sale wasn't available in my country. Found this interesting.