Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #1
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Lightbulb Jailbreak Kindle Touch FW 5.3.7

So, Kindle Touch update 5.3.7 has just come out.

Unlike all previous updates, which were all differential updates, this one contains the full system. This means that all modifications are lost during the upgrade, INCLUDING THE JAILBREAK (unless you already had the jailbreak bridge installed).

There are two solutions, depending on your situation.

1. If you are still on an earlier Firmware version, install the jailbreak bridge from NiLuJe's Kindle Touch jailbreak. It's the file named update_jailbreak_bridge_*_install.bin inside the jailbreak zip that you'll want to install.

This will (try to) ensure that the jailbreak survives future firmware updates.

2. If you are already on FW 5.3.7 and do not have the jailbreak installed (symptom: Error 007 when trying to install a custom update.bin), then use Kubrick. DO NOT let it overwrite the main partition when asked - otherwise you'll end up with FW 5.1.2. Instead, skip flashing the main partition, and only select to install the jailbreak.

It's also a good idea to install the jailbreak bridge (see item 1. above).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
So the jailbreak itself hasn't changed. Maybe Amazon doesn't like being sworn at.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
So the jailbreak itself hasn't changed. Maybe Amazon doesn't like being sworn at.
Sorry about that (but not sorry enough to change my post in that other thread).
Look at avatar - they are dealing with an angry old man here.

PS:
Thanks everybody for the quick response to the 5.3.7 release.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
The jailbreak itself hasn't changed. And they can't easily change it, because it's exactly the same as their developer program. If they remove the "jailbreak itself", they remove the ability to develop for the Kindle.

However, they have closed all jailbreak vectors, and tried to make our life as difficult as they possibly can. They deserve to be sworn at.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #5
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
As you have demonstrated.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As you have demonstrated.
It does sort of show, doesn't it?
Once upon a time, I was a "(young) nice guy" but that got to be boring.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
varnie
Connoisseur
varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.varnie can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi there.
I have Kindle Touch running firmware 5.3.2.1 (the previous one) and I have the diags partition installed (using your, ixtab, step-by-step guide: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/README.txt). Should I install the jailbreak bridge before update or is it already safe?
Thank you.
varnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by varnie View Post
Hi there.
I have Kindle Touch running firmware 5.3.2.1 (the previous one) and I have the diags partition installed (using your, ixtab, step-by-step guide: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/README.txt). Should I install the jailbreak bridge before update or is it already safe?
Thank you.
Yes, install it.
No harm will be done if it is already installed.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #9
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I remember yifanlu said he knows some unreleased jb exploits. Maybe some of them still work?
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
I remember yifanlu said he knows some unreleased jb exploits. Maybe some of them still work?
I am certain that the challenge is the sort which has already attracted people who like solving these problems.

That statement of mine should not be read as if a solution is being worked on, some devices, like the DX, still have challenges about them that remain unsolved.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:24 AM   #11
hthach
hthach began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
help me !!

i'm on fw 5.3.2.1, and installed jailbreak, JB Patch 4.0.0, Collections Manager 2.3.7, Kindle Launcher KUAL. Before installing the jailbreak bridge and update fw 5.3.7 what i have to do ? Do i have to Uninstall all of them ? I am amateur. Help me !!!!!
hthach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Code:
package com.aditya.word;
public class Swear extends Word implements Rude, Angry, PG18, Dangerous {
        private static int level = 0;
        public Swear(int lvl) {
                 level = lvl;
        }
        public String getSwear() {
                return getAppropriateWordForImplementations();
        }
}

Last edited by aditya3098; 08-14-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #13
aditya3098
Guru

Code:
import com.aditya.word.*; package com.amazon; public class A { private Swear s = new Swear(1000000000000); public static void main(String[] args){ for (;;){ s.getSwear();  } } }
How that for (obfuscated) java?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #14
aditya3098
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_knight_1408 View Post
I am using KT5 (Kindle Touch)with FW 5.3.7 and no JB. How can I use Kubrick to JB while keeping FW 5.3.7? Should you guide me for every step? Kubrick CD for KT4 and KT5 (Live CD ISO image, to debrick K4 and KT devices) is ready. Thanks a lot. Hope to hear from you asap.
Its in the first post
Old 09-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
hhmm so followed the steps, only trying to re-jailbreak having gotten bumped to 5.3.7 the other day. Follow the kubrick wizard to the end and get "FAILED"

Any thoughts. Side note now I'm stuck in the Kindle boot screen, won't load past that.
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote