Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-24-2022, 01:18 AM   #7771
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Thanks.

New question: Line 16 of titlepage.xhtml has <preserveAspectRatio="none">. I'd like to change this to "meet". (It fixes the image on the cover page going kind of stretchy on Kobo.)

I think CustomOutput on Epub Cover would work, but the code on the page doesn't match up to what I see so I'm not entirely sure.

Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en">
    <head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
        <meta name="calibre:cover" content="true" />
        <title>Cover</title>
        <style type="text/css" title="override_css">
            @page {padding: 0pt; margin:0pt}
            body { text-align: center; padding:0pt; margin: 0pt; }
        </style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div>
            <svg version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
                xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
                width="100%" height="100%" viewBox="0 0 400 640"
                preserveAspectRatio="none">
                <image width="400" height="640" xlink:href="../cover.jpg"/>
            </svg>
        </div>
    </body>
</html>
EDIT: The code on the page matches a book with a downloaded cover. Is this a GC thing?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 11-24-2022 at 01:34 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:48 AM   #7772
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
did you tick Preserve Aspect Ratio in the EPUB/KEPUB Conversion Output settings?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:49 AM   #7773
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Except I'm not doing any conversion?
Old 11-24-2022, 05:41 PM   #7774
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Oh right, FFF uses HTML > ePub conversion I think? I ticked the option on but am still getting preserveAspectRatio="none"
Old 11-25-2022, 10:03 AM   #7775
julo
Enthusiast
julo began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505,900,T2
Trying to download using FFF from SciFi-Stories, or SOL.
I have two computers, lets call them A and B.
On computer A I can download just fine, FFF knows my ID and PW.
To download on computer B I have to enter my ID and PW each time.

Both computers have the identical plug-in installed. Which file (and where) should I copy over from computer A to B to solve this?

Last edited by julo; 11-25-2022 at 10:09 AM.
julo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:24 AM   #7776
cyber21tan
cyber21tan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by julo View Post

Both computers have the identical plug-in installed. Which file (and where) should I copy over from computer A to B to solve this?
copy over the personal.ini contents to computer B and it should fix the issue
cyber21tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:45 AM   #7777
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
New question: Line 16 of titlepage.xhtml has <preserveAspectRatio="none">. I'd like to change this to "meet". (It fixes the image on the cover page going kind of stretchy on Kobo.)
FFF doesn't create a titlepage.xhtml file. FFF creates cover.xhtml (for cover) and title_page.xhtml.

I see titlepage.xhtml replace FFF's cover.xhtml when I Polish a cover into an epub or using Convert.

So I don't think this is an FFF issue directly, I think it's whatever other processing you are doing. (Which would include Polishing the cover in automatically from FFF.)

I would look at the Convert settings, EPUB output, 'Preserve aspect' checkbox next to the 'SVG cover' checkbox. That toggles preserveAspectRatio between "xMidYMid meet" and "none" for me when Polish updating a cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julo View Post

username/password settings are in "personal.ini" as cyber21tan said and probably needs to be copied over. It's edited in FFF plugin in the plugin Configuration, personal.ini tab, then Edit personal.ini button. Be sure to click the OK button not Cancel leaving Configure to save changes.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 12:01 PM   #7778
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I forgot about auto-polish. That would probably explain it.

I just downloaded a new fic and also got xMidYMid. So that'll work. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:52 PM   #7779
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
I think this is a new StoriesOnline issue, since it happened with every one of the almost 60 stories I just downloaded/updated. I think it's likely caused by some change in the site since they now have an option to add notes to stories and that wasn't there when I did my weekly update last week.

Anyway, the issue is that the story summaries aren't being copied, and if you are updating a story it deletes the summary already on Calibre. I'm hoping this will be a simple fix, since I know SOL is kind of a hassle for you to keep working since they change little things so often, it seems.
JDesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 10:18 AM   #7780
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Posted

2022-11-27
- Tweak for adapter_storiesonlinenet description parsing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDesat View Post
I think this is a new StoriesOnline issue, since it happened with every one of the almost 60 stories I just downloaded/updated. I think it's likely caused by some change in the site since they now have an option to add notes to stories and that wasn't there when I did my weekly update last week.

Anyway, the issue is that the story summaries aren't being copied, and if you are updating a story it deletes the summary already on Calibre. I'm hoping this will be a simple fix, since I know SOL is kind of a hassle for you to keep working since they change little things so often, it seems.
The description parsing in adapter_storiesonlinenet is... complex. I didn't write it and I don't have examples handy for the many different cases it appears to address. So hopefully my small change won't affect anything else.
Old 11-27-2022, 10:52 AM   #7781
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
So hopefully my small change won't affect anything else.
I hope you didn't take what I said to mean YOU were messing stuff up, I was saying that SOL seems to change small things so frequently that I'm surprised you can keep up/keep dealing with it. I'm VERY glad you do, but still.

Thanks!
JDesat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 01:54 PM   #7782
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDesat View Post
I hope you didn't take what I said to mean YOU were messing stuff up, I was saying that SOL seems to change small things so frequently that I'm surprised you can keep up/keep dealing with it. I'm VERY glad you do, but still.
No problem, site changes are a fact of life.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:12 AM   #7783
julo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber21tan View Post
copy over the personal.ini contents to computer B and it should fix the issue
Thank you, that fixed my pressing issue, but did not answer the question where the information might be. I run Calibre portable and may want to delete any traces.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:08 AM   #7784
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

FFF stores its settings, including personal.ini, inside the library database. So it physically resides inside the metadata.db file in your library directory.
Old 11-28-2022, 12:37 PM   #7785
julo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FFF stores its settings, including personal.ini, inside the library database. So it physically resides inside the metadata.db file in your library directory.
Thanks for the info.
So it is part of Calibre and not somewhere in the registry or whatnot.

Last edited by julo; 11-30-2022 at 09:03 AM.

Tags
fanfiction