Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Trickery
Pew Pew!
Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle v3
Spoofing a Wifi MAC Address on Kindle 3?

I know the Kindle 3 has yet to be completely cracked, however does anyone in the know have an idea if in the future if spoofing the wifi MAC address would be possible?

Most school and college Wifi is open and unencrypted but uses MAC address protection. I can spoof my MAC address on my iPhone just fine, would be nice to do it on my Kindle.

Was just wondering if there was any hardware limitations to this. For all the work it may involve, maybe finding a coffee shop or fast food place with wifi might be a better choice!
Trickery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
If it has been hacked then you should be able to. Generally all network chips including the Atheros WiFi chip inside the Kindle will allow you to set a MAC address of your own choosing.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert