Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
eshajan
Enthusiast
eshajan began at the beginning.

Device: franklin ebookman 911
Ebookwise Librarian does not work

When I try to go to the inline bookshelf I get the message:'There was no response from the server: trying the operation again may help.' It doesn't

I first noticed this today, 4th of august 2012.

Solutions, anyone?
eshajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #2
eshajan
Enthusiast

Problem solved [kind of]

With the following workaround; I use the Ebookwise librarian to convert the ebook, then I paste it in the shelf directory of impserve that has a functioning online bookshelf.
The online bookshelf of the Ebookwise librarian is fubarred as far as I can tell.
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #3
whitequeen54
whitequeen54 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
I only recently discovered how to use Ebookwise librarian and really like it, now that I figured out how to set it up. I just uploaded a book to my eBookwise today, so it's working for me. The only problem I have is that almost always, on my first try, I get an error message and have to reset my eBookwise and retry it, when it always works perfectly.
whitequeen54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #4
eshajan
Enthusiast

I have the same problem with the Ebookwise Librarian software. It almost always crashes on the first try, but works fine after resetting. Imo this has to do with running old software [the Librarian] on a new [Win XP and anything after that] OS.
I run Windows 7 the 32 bit version, and to get the Ebookwise Librarian working I have to run it in compatibility mode as Windows XP service pack 3.
I don't know any solution for your "problem", like you said, after a reset it works fine.
If your Ebookwise Librarian should stop loading books to the online bookshelf [like mine did overnight], then you can use the workaround I described in the thread above.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
whitequeen54
whitequeen54 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Thanks, Eshajan. I am using Windows 7 64 bit and I don't have to use the compatibility mode. I have never used impserve and am not familiar with it.

I actually have two eBookwise readers. For one I use the Librarian software to upload and for the other I use the eBookwise Personal Content page. I do wonder how long they are going to keep that page up and running. No word from Google, that I can find.
whitequeen54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
eshajan
Enthusiast

You're welcome.
If they should stop supplying the personal content page, there's always Impserve.
More on Impserve and the other ebookutils you can find elsewhere in the forum.