Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-23-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
WannaKeepReading
WannaKeepReading began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy S7 SM-G930V
CC is connected to Calibre by wireless - No Reader

I thought Calibre Companion was suppose to compliment Calibre.
My laptop is in my lap and I am connected by wireless to my network.
Calibre is configured for wireless device connection (IP is correct).

When I click on a pdf book to read, I get the:
(Do you have a reader app?) screen, suggesting Moon+ and FBReader.

I thought the connection to Calibre on my laptop should make the pdf readable but it is not.

I also moved all my pdf books to the SD card on the Galaxy S7 and still can not read any of the pdf books.

Can anyone help? Please
WannaKeepReading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The wireless connection you mention is one of the ways Calibre Companion can use for book transfers between Calibre & your device. CC itself is a great way to store your library on device and to have it organized in a similar way to how it is in Calibre (tags, etc.), but it isn't a reading app.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:19 PM   #3
WannaKeepReading

But isn't Calibre? I thought CC on my phone was suppose to connect to Calibre by wireless and then I should be able to read the pdf through Calibre.
Is this wrong?
Do I still need to get a reader app?

P.S. Thank you for the fast reply AnemicOak : )

Last edited by WannaKeepReading; 02-23-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
CC is an ACCESS extension of Calibre . It depends on your device to supply the appropriate Viewer.
Folks use Moon+ for EPUB
You probably have a PDF viewer on your device, you just need to configure CC to use that for PDF
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:06 PM   #5
WannaKeepReading

Thanks all,

I bought Moon+ Pro Reader.
Looks Like I will like it a lot : )
So far it's working Great.