Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #2401
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No PW2, KV, KOA
You should have KUAL installed, it is part of the jail break instructions.

When you install the screensaver add-in, it added control buttons to the KUAL menu system.

(I don't use this, so I don't have the directions memorized.)

There should be a README.txt file in the package.
Either that or the first post of this thread should give directions for correcting image files.
There should be a directory (?staging?) and a KUAL menu button to correct the image files in that directory.

The Kindle's image display system can be very picky about what it displays.
The ss add-in scripting for that image fix-up button will use the included build of image magick to make the image files useful on the machine model it is running on.

I don't use this add-in, so you will have to dig out the directions yourself.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2017, 05:37 AM   #2402
crazyV
crazyV began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
f*** really some new python version helped. thanks!
Did with Kindle Version 5.4.*
managed to see the wallpapers perfectly.

checked everything today, updated to latest: 5.8.7 and also logged in my account.
and the unsubscribed the advertisement service.

reinstalled all plugins (they were there but to be sure),
read the complete README file.

now see the amazon stock wallpapers.
*checked the images on the storage, they are there and "correct", were shown on 5.4.
*deleted them, restarted, copied them again and restarted, didnt change anything
*disbaled, enabled the setting for the wallpaper hack, still nowthing shown.

i got now cool amazon wallpapers, and they're not too bad, but i would really like to see my own custom ones, so -> any ideas on that?

Last edited by crazyV; 02-07-2017 at 06:51 AM. Reason: another problem ;)
crazyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:35 AM   #2403
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But the system is not the same.
It uses software to display the images and you made a major leap from 5.4.x to 5.8.x firmware.

Use the 'fix images' feature of the SS add-in, don't think that just because old firmware could read the images that all firmware will always be able to read the images.
That 'fix images' feature was added for a reason, use it.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:22 PM   #2404
saluli
Enthusiast
saluli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3,
Unhappy

Everything was working perfectly, but this morning my kindle updated itself to 5.8.7.0.1 (3115940037) and the hack stopped working. Sometimes if I relaunch everything trough KUAL, the cover appears. But after a little while, or when I change books, it comes back to de default kindle images.
saluli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:10 AM   #2405
shamanNS
Addict
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3[300dpi] , Kindle PW1
@saluli: You have to reinstall all of those .bin files after each firmware update. The only thing that survives firmware update is jailbreak certificate and MKK.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #2406
saluli
Enthusiast

Thanks, I was afraid it was the case
Old 02-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #2407
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluli View Post
Thanks, I was afraid it was the case
Nothing to be afraid of.

MrPI is a batch processor.

Put all update_*.bin name format packages in /mrpackages at the same time, run MrPI once.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #2408
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PaperWhite 2
Thankfully re-installin super easy as knc1 says. I'm hoping NiLuje gets time soon to update this for whatever latest stuff Amazon has done to KFX files so covers work on new books.
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #2409
saluli
Enthusiast

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nothing to be afraid of.

MrPI is a batch processor.

Put all update_*.bin name format packages in /mrpackages at the same time, run MrPI once.

Just reinstalled, still not working.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:14 PM   #2410
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluli View Post
Just reinstalled, still not working.
Details please.
What was just re-installed and what is still not working?
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #2411
saluli
Enthusiast

Sorry. I reinstalled Update_python_0.14.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin and Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin though KUAL, and the hack still not worked.

The next day I tried again and now it is working. I suppose I forget to unplug the device when installing Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin, but now it is all working.

Just one more question. It is possible to use the cover screensavers while using KOReader?

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch