Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 07:10 AM   #2401
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@saluli: You have to reinstall all of those .bin files after each firmware update. The only thing that survives firmware update is jailbreak certificate and MKK.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:24 PM   #2402
saluli
Connoisseur
saluli began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3,
Thanks, I was afraid it was the case
saluli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:14 PM   #2403
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by saluli View Post
Thanks, I was afraid it was the case
Nothing to be afraid of.

MrPI is a batch processor.

Put all update_*.bin name format packages in /mrpackages at the same time, run MrPI once.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #2404
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Thankfully re-installin super easy as knc1 says. I'm hoping NiLuje gets time soon to update this for whatever latest stuff Amazon has done to KFX files so covers work on new books.
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:11 PM   #2405
saluli
Connoisseur

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Nothing to be afraid of.

MrPI is a batch processor.

Put all update_*.bin name format packages in /mrpackages at the same time, run MrPI once.

Just reinstalled, still not working.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:14 PM   #2406
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluli View Post
Just reinstalled, still not working.
Details please.
What was just re-installed and what is still not working?
Old 02-22-2017, 05:08 PM   #2407
saluli
Connoisseur

Sorry. I reinstalled Update_python_0.14.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin and Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin though KUAL, and the hack still not worked.

The next day I tried again and now it is working. I suppose I forget to unplug the device when installing Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin, but now it is all working.

Just one more question. It is possible to use the cover screensavers while using KOReader?
Old 02-25-2017, 01:51 PM   #2408
ZuesL
ZuesL began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Hi there, I'm getting 'S W failed to process cover' for one book. It works fine with others, just a specific book I've bought.

I managed to edit cover-extract to output to a log.
I changed the line from:
Code:
env PYTHONIOENCODING="utf-8" ${PYTHON} ${LINKSS_BINDIR}/kfxmeta.py -c "${last_read_kfx}" "${LINKSS_TMPFS_CACHE}/"
to:
Code:
env PYTHONIOENCODING="utf-8" ${PYTHON} ${LINKSS_BINDIR}/kfxmeta.py -c "${last_read_kfx}" "${LINKSS_TMPFS_CACHE}/" &> /mnt/us/linkss/kfxmeta.log
Here is the error I got:
Code:
KFX Meta v2.0.N
Decoding "/mnt/us/documents/On the Edge of Gone_B01BOUC7B4.sdr/assets/metadata.kfx"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mnt/us/linkss/bin/kfxmeta.py", line 592, in <module>
    main()
  File "/mnt/us/linkss/bin/kfxmeta.py", line 197, in main
    data = extract_metadata(data)
  File "/mnt/us/linkss/bin/kfxmeta.py", line 264, in extract_metadata
    for value1 in entity_value[b"categorised_metadata"]:
KeyError: 'categorised_metadata'
Any ideas?

Kindle PW3, kindle-linkss-0.24.N, kindle-python-0.14.N-pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt3
ZuesL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #2409
knc1
Going Viral

Did you get those from NiLuJe's snapshot thread?
There should be a -r<commit id> if your using the most recent from the snapshots.

That is most likely the problem - your add-ins are too old to process *.kfx format.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #2410
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Changes have been made to the KFX format by Amazon since this software was last updated. Calibre was recently updated to support these changes. If NiLuJe ever returns perhaps he will do the same.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #2411
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Changes have been made to the KFX format by Amazon since this software was last updated. Calibre was recently updated to support these changes. If NiLuJe ever returns perhaps he will do the same.
School can not last forever.
Eventually he will have to graduate.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 PM   #2412
lllusion
Enthusiast
lllusion began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Can someone help me out with reinstalling to fix a problem? I had it working fine, added some more screensavers, then it stopped loading them suddenly. Even when I took those new ones back off.

So I reinstalled, tried again, same result -- didn't recognize some new ones that I added.

Tried reinstalling again, but this time it said:

"Progress: 36/100 Package script failed (1), moving on . . . : ("

Any ideas on what to do next? I've been putting the "Update_linkss_0.24.N_uninstall" into mrpackages to uninstall, then running that. I also deleted linkss out of the extensions.
lllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:06 AM   #2413
knc1
Going Viral

What parts of the troubleshooting directions have you used?
With what result(s)?

What is different about the images that work and the ones that do not?
Have you looked for differences?
With what tools?

At what point(s) in the time period covered by your story did the device update its firmware?

Are you using the ss add-in from NiluJe's snapshot thread?
Do you have the python add-in installed also?

How are you controlling this add-in?
Are you using the KUAL menu additions?
With what results in each case?

Are you using the entries presented in the ss-KUAL menu additions for correcting the images?
With what results?

What change(s) have you made to the configuration files?

= = = = =

Sorry about all of that, but I can't see over your shoulder and my crystal ball is off-line so I can't channel into your mind.

Last edited by knc1; 03-02-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:09 AM   #2414
lllusion
Enthusiast
lllusion began at the beginning.

Hi knc1. First I want to thank you for taking the time to help me with some excellent diagnostic questions. Fortunately I solved it last night.

I am very very new to this stuff with only basic html knowledge as far as computer skills go. I had a kindle long ago, but ordered the PaperWhite 3 and got it in the mail 2 days ago. Didn't like how I couldn't have my custom backgrounds, so I did this.

Aaaanyway, I fixed it. I have no idea how it worked but after trying 3 times, the 3rd time was a charm after I completely deleted everything and then also did a reboot on the Kindle. Lesson learned is always flag for uninstall before uninstalling - it removes everything and decreases the chances of script 36/37 failing to install when you go to reinstall.

The png files I originally had trouble with are the exact same dimensions as the ones that worked (all to spec with recommendation in original post - 1072x1448 for PW3), and were made in the exact same way in GIMP. I tried putting them back in and.... they worked. I was at 50 screensavers then added 50 more the first time, then something went wrong. This time I kept the original screensaver that is pre-installed, and slowly added them up to 99.

Last edited by lllusion; 03-02-2017 at 11:12 AM.
lllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:57 AM   #2415
crazyV
crazyV began at the beginning.

Post sorry for the late reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
But the system is not the same.
It uses software to display the images and you made a major leap from 5.4.x to 5.8.x firmware.

Use the 'fix images' feature of the SS add-in, don't think that just because old firmware could read the images that all firmware will always be able to read the images.
That 'fix images' feature was added for a reason, use it.
please tell me, where can i find this SS add-in -> "fix images",
* checked all the options within the kindle menu
* checked all the content on the kindle storage, no script or anything else called like this.

really appreciate any help
crazyV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch