Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl

There is possibly a bug in the forum: I use the feature "New posts - All new posts" a lot but it shows some posts as old sometimes. Seems like it is only new posts since last activity no matter what I did. For example: today I brought up a long thread and read it all, took all day (I had to do other things too). Then I selected All new posts but got only what was new since I read the last page of that thread. I would have assumed I would get what is new since the last time I selected All new posts.

Is there a setting I can change or is this the preferred behaviour for everyone else?
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:55 PM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas777 View Post
There is possibly a bug in the forum: I use the feature "New posts - All new posts" a lot but it shows some posts as old sometimes. Seems like it is only new posts since last activity no matter what I did. For example: today I brought up a long thread and read it all, took all day (I had to do other things too). Then I selected All new posts but got only what was new since I read the last page of that thread. I would have assumed I would get what is new since the last time I selected All new posts.

Is there a setting I can change or is this the preferred behaviour for everyone else?
I believe that is how it is intended to work: "new posts you haven't read". If you wish to "Mark all as read", to basically clear all the new posts even if you haven't read them, that's under the "Quick Links" menu at the top right.

That's how I do it, anyway. If it just did "new posts" since I last looked at the "new posts" thing, it means just navigating away temporarily would lose that list of things I have not read but might want to. The way it currently behaves means they will stay there until I mark them as read (or actually read them).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert