Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
Desertway
Addict
Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desertway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Can't seem to change epub margins

I'm converting non-Drm epubs. These books have the annoying page number in the right margin. I am trying to adjust the right margin so the text does not overlap the page number, and leave the left margin as small at the 5pt mark.

I tried 15 and 30 point right margins (chosen in the page setup options) and neither had any effect. My pages span to both sides of the reader, and the page numbers still overlap.

Is there something that I'm missing?
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
tricia779
tricia779 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
page # in margins

Hi DesertWay

Not sure if you've tried this or not but here is a suggestion.

Assuming you have the Kobo Touch, when you are in the book tap the middle of the screen to get the options at the bottom. Touch the wrench, then Advanced Settings. Go to page 2 and make sure the box is clear beside the option Show Margin Page Numbers.

Hope this works.

tricia779
tricia779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post
I'm converting non-Drm epubs. These books have the annoying page number in the right margin. I am trying to adjust the right margin so the text does not overlap the page number, and leave the left margin as small at the 5pt mark.

I tried 15 and 30 point right margins (chosen in the page setup options) and neither had any effect. My pages span to both sides of the reader, and the page numbers still overlap.

That is ADE at work.
You can Not get rid of the numbers.
Here is what I do on my PEz. It may work on your reader
I make the body font-size 1.2em (this is the base font, for the body) in the CSS by adjusting the scaling. (I cheat and edit the CSS to get the value exact. I arrived at the number by trial and )

set the left margin 2pt (very small)
Set the right margin to 16pt (to leave room for the numbers)

I read with a Zoom level of 3 (out of 5), this scales the text bigger than the numbers.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertway View Post

What device are you trying to view these ePub on?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Have you tried removing the page numbers using search and replace?
Usually not too hard if the page numbers are all on the right.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Helen
The right margin page numbers are part of the version of ADE that the OP is using. They cannot be removed.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:21 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Helen
The page numbers are not in the book; they are displayed by the reading software on the device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you go to "Preferences", and set the output profile for your device, you can specify the left, right, top, bottom margins for your device. For ADE devices which display a page number I normally set a left margin of 5pt, and a right margin of 15pt. That's sufficient room to leave space for the page number.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote