Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #1606
lempiainen
lempiainen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
By the way how do I update the PRS+ when a new revision comes out? Do I put the PRSinstaller folder in the root and just restart the reader?
lempiainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #1607
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by lempiainen View Post
By the way how do I update the PRS+ when a new revision comes out? Do I put the PRSinstaller folder in the root and just restart the reader?
Yes, procedure is the same as installing for the first time.
No need to uninstall previous version.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #1608
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
I will create new thread when x50 base flash is readz.

Typo.
But why not create the new thread now so others not reading this will know about it?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:17 AM   #1609
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But why not create the new thread now so others not reading this will know about it?
It's not ready yet, and with 300/600 threads results were rather disappointing.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:04 AM   #1610
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Why not (or ask an admin to) edit the title of the thread to:
Enhanced firmware for Sony PRS, Books by Folder, Sudoku & more

Just my 2 cents
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #1611
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Why not (or ask an admin to) edit the title of the thread to:
Enhanced firmware for Sony PRS, Books by Folder, Sudoku & more

Just my 2 cents
I agree, just don't know how to contact admins. (can't edit title myself)
Old 02-13-2011, 07:10 AM   #1612
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Via "Report Post" the small "!" right beside the karama-button.

I've send such a message already requesting the change of the title.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #1613
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Via "Report Post" the small "!" right beside the karama-button.

I've send such a message already requesting the change of the title.
Thanks a lot.

PS
I'd also move it up, to be honest, to the "Sony Reader" subforum, as stuff discussed here is mostly user support, not dev talk.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #1614
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3
PRS+ is great!!

I just installed it on my 650 and I'm glad to see that I can still replace the system fonts using Boroda's test-startup method, as well as loading PRS+.

The custom userstyle.css from the russified version still works, do I need to move my fonts and css to the PRS+ designated folder?

Is there a way to set the screenshots location? I would include it in the media folder so I can set the browse internal to /database/media. Or should I create a favorite folder for / where I can see the screenshots? (I don't know how the fav folders work yet)

Actually the screenshots don't appear to be visible on the reader, so I don't know if the previous setting/folder will do any good.

I can't wait for the version with the new apps included.

Many thanks!
goaspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #1615
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaspy View Post
PRS+ is great!!

I just installed it on my 650 and I'm glad to see that I can still replace the system fonts using Boroda's test-startup method, as well as loading PRS+.
Now you have taken the plunge, I wonder if I might ask a question about how PRS+ and the Boroda version interact.

Are all the keymappings which are available in the Boroda version also available in PRS+? In particular, is it still possible to assign TOC to one of the Home/Zoom/Options Hold keys?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #1616
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Are all the keymappings which are available in the Boroda version also available in PRS+? In particular, is it still possible to assign TOC to one of the Home/Zoom/Options Hold keys?
The old mappings are gone, also the settings from the about screen, but you have a new VERY advanced key binding system from PRS+, that includes TOC.
goaspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:27 AM   #1617
Bidibulle
Enthusiast
Bidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara Hd
Hello,
I would also like to install PRS+ and a russified firmware (probably amutin in my case) on my prs-650
Is it possible to install several fonts: for exemple Georgia normal and Fontin Bold and to choose which one to use on the ereader (I prefer bold fonts in the evening when I'm tired).
Is there a menu to select easily the font ?
Thanks.

Last edited by Bidibulle; 02-15-2011 at 02:30 AM.
Bidibulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:23 AM   #1618
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidibulle View Post
Hello,
I would also like to install PRS+ and a russified firmware (probably amutin in my case) on my prs-650
Is it possible to install several fonts: for exemple Georgia normal and Fontin Bold and to choose which one to use on the ereader (I prefer bold fonts in the evening when I'm tired).
Is there a menu to select easily the font ?
Thanks.
There is no menu to select the font, however there is a menu to select current "custom CSS" (first discovered by pepak, check his thread for details) to be used in EPUBs. You could use it to switch between fonts. New CSS affects only the next book you open.

Since there is yet no "PRS+ base flash" for x50s and boroda / amutin's firmwares use different path to epub CSS (as well as different files) to use this feature you'd need to create file user.config in folder Beta (create the folder as well) in internal memory (remember, that everything in PRS+ is case sensitive) and put there:

Quote:
config.userCSSFile = "userStyle.css";
config.userCSSPath = "/Data/epub/";
Then create folder "epub" in internal memory, and put whatever.css, somethingElse.css, anyNameYouWish.css. You'd be able to switch between those CSS files from PRS+ menu.

PS
Beware, that PRS+ considers userStyle.css to be its own, and overwrites it without asking, if you switch between CSS files.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:24 AM   #1619
Bidibulle
Enthusiast
Bidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheeseBidibulle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara Hd
Thanks, Kartu, for your detailed explanation: very appreciated
Bidibulle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:35 AM   #1620
combat2k
combat2k began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Hello Kartu!

First of all, congrats for this customization! I've installed last evening on 600 and it's working ok (browse folders, calculator, etc.)..

Anyway, I have some questions just for my knowledge:
- I've installed without SDCard. It's a problem ?
- no PRS+ folder on Internal Memory. Is this OK?
- no Data folder on Internal Memory (I've seen that you all refer at Data folder, userStyle.css, etc, but no files/folders found yet).

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Dan.
combat2k is offline   Reply With Quote