Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-17-2017, 09:03 PM   #1051
Boyzzun
Boyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the endBoyzzun knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle oasis
hi all,

i checked again, the problem come from the comic source so i will find another source

thanks you so much

By the way do you know how to convert multi zip files become one output file by kcc ?
Boyzzun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:56 AM   #1052
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
KCC don't support that. You need to repackage chapters in single ZIP.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #1053
Zefhar
Zefhar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (7th Gen)
Hello AcidWeb, are there any plans for KCC being distributed in elementary os AppCenter? Apparently you can do this seamlessly via GitHub login. Source: https://developer.elementary.io/
Zefhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:40 PM   #1054
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefhar View Post
Hello AcidWeb, are there any plans for KCC being distributed in elementary os AppCenter? Apparently you can do this seamlessly via GitHub login. Source: https://developer.elementary.io/
I can't find where it supports anything other than GTK+ version 3.

(Grayscale Kindles only have GTK+ version 2 pre-installed. So that distribution point is not much good for things on e-ink Kindle.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #1055
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefhar View Post
Apparently you can do this seamlessly
It is never that easy :-P And no - I'm not planning to maintain another Linux release.
Advert
Old 07-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #1056
lillumultipass
lillumultipass began at the beginning.

Device: Brand new Kindle Oasis
Hi everyone,

I just discovered KCC, but it does not work on my version of windows 10 (Pro 64bits).
Basically, I can open it but as soon as I try to open a file or a directory it ceases to function. I did manage to convert one book once though but nothing more.
Is there a known issue with some version of Win 10 ?

Also, I have a macbook pro at home. I was wondering whether there were some tutorials to install KCC with Brew because I haven't been able to make it work for now.
thanks !
lillumultipass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #1057
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

One more person had this issue. It look like some QT bug and I can't replicate this problem. I don't have any fix for now.

Additionally if you really using Kindle 2 - output will not look very well.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:08 AM   #1058
lillumultipass
lillumultipass began at the beginning.

Device: Brand new Kindle Oasis
Ok thanks. I will try on another comp. Maybe on a virtualized Windows on my Macbook.

And what about a Mac tutorial ? Does that exist ?

PS : no, I forgot to change my profile. I just got an Oasis ;-)
lillumultipass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #1059
OmegaX
OmegaX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hi, I was wondering something: What would be the optimal PPI to use when exporting PDF pages to PNG to create a CBZ? I was using poppler to find out what PPI was used for each image on every page but it produced huge PNG files (like 10345x15518 pixels), and it takes way too long to do it. If I use ghostscript I can export using a fixed PPI for all pages, and it's much faster. My device is a Kobo Glo HD, which has a 300 PPI screen. Would something like 600 PPI be enough for KCC to use as source?
OmegaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #1060
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The highest PPI of any of the grayscale kindles is also 300 ppi.
I haven't looked, but KCC most likely uses one of the common graphic libraries in its conversions.

KCC is open source, you could check what provides the graphic functions:
https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc
From that, you should be able to figure out what the range of the inputs would be 'best' for the conversions.

And the answer is:
It uses the Python Imaging Library:
http://effbot.org/zone/pil-index.htm
Which looks a lot like it is an interface to the imagemagick library.

Last edited by knc1; 07-10-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:27 AM   #1061
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Using default settings KCC resize all images to device resolution. So as long input files are bigger than that you will be OK. In case of Kobo Glo HD that is 1072x1448.

And it use Pillow not PIL :-) PIL is dead for long, long time.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-10-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:51 AM   #1062
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Using default settings KCC resize all images to device resolution. So as long input files are bigger than that you will be OK. In case of Kobo Glo HD that is 1072x1448.

And it use Pillow not PIL :-) PIL is dead for long, long time.
It sure had me fooled:
https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/bl...erter/image.py
PHP Code:
from PIL import ImageImageOpsImageStatImageChopsImageFilter 
Although a bit of googling seems to show a module name clash between PIL and Pillow.

But I'll stick to my conclusion - the underlying library is most likely imagemagick.
Which should mean it can handle anything you can imagine.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #1063
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Would it be possible to add support for DRM-free AZW3 and epub conversion to vice versa e.g. AZW3->ePub and ePub->AZW3? Not for books obviously but for comics in those formats? I know I could go AZW3->Zip->image folder->epub but you lose all metadata. KCC does a really great job making fixed layout ePubs.

Is there at least a way to add metadata using KCC through commandline? I could probably make some script to do most of what I want, though I don't think it'll be as slick.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #1064
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Could you elaborate? I don't really see scenario when that would be useful.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #1065
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Could you elaborate? I don't really see scenario when that would be useful.
Buy a comic/manga in AZW3 from Amazon, but want to read it on an ePub device or vice versa. I have hundreds of manga in AZW3 from Amazon Japan but I'd like to read them on a Kobo Aura One. It's also the easiest way to get legit raw manga so I'll probably keep getting them in AZW3.

Converting with Calibre breaks the layouts.

I know this is probably kinda niche but I'd thought I'd ask.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools