Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Android Market now on the web

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/201...t-website.html

Last edited by jocampo; 02-10-2011 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Adding hyper-link option
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #2
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Ops. typo on the title, apologies. I mean Market.

--- Thanks to the moderator who fixed the typo ;-) ---

Last edited by jocampo; 02-10-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Giving thanks
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2011, 08:58 PM   #3
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Cool!
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #4
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Thanks. This is handy.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Thanks jocampo, this is better than AppBrain.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2011, 12:47 AM   #6
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Unfortunately, Google's website knows my IP address is from Taiwan, so it naturally assumes I speak and read Chinese as my first language. All the menus are in Chinese, and I don't know how to change them to English. This isn't the first website I've come across that thinks it know my language preferences better than I do.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:48 AM   #7
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowRain View Post
Unfortunately, Google's website knows my IP address is from Taiwan, so it naturally assumes I speak and read Chinese as my first language. All the menus are in Chinese, and I don't know how to change them to English. This isn't the first website I've come across that thinks it know my language preferences better than I do.
Does this help:

http://www.google.com/support/accoun...n&answer=32047

Quote:
To change the display language for Google Accounts, you'll need to change your Google interface language. To do so, please follow these steps:

Visit the Google homepage and click the Settings link in the top-right corner.
Click Search Settings.
Under the Interface Language header (at the top of the page), select the language of your choice from the drop-down menu.
Click the Save Preferences button, located in the top-right corner of the page.
Once you've changed your interface language, please close the browser window. Then, open your browser and visit https://www.google.com/accounts/. The Google Accounts homepage should be displayed in the language you've selected.

If the interface language doesn't match the language you selected, please clear your browser's cache and cookies and try setting the interface language again. Note that deleting your cookies will also remove your saved settings for other sites you've visited.

Keep in mind that while the Google Accounts homepage is available in all Google languages, individual Google products may not be available in all languages.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 02-11-2011 at 02:52 AM.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
Unfortunately, a lot of people (including me) are having problems with the Market website telling them they do not have an Android phone associated with their account. Sometimes the person actually does have an android phone associated with the account, and has actually accessed the Market through the phone. When they go in through the webpage instead of the Market app, they can see their purchased apps, but can't download more. There are a lot of complaints on the Market forum about this issue. So it appears the webpage isn't really ready for primetime yet.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #9
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Does this help:
Thanks for the tip, but my computer was already set up that way.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:29 AM   #10
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
SlowRain, There is no way to change Google to show menus in the language you want. I have a French IP address and have been fighting Google for the last 5 years over this and their tech people say there will be no change unless the internationalisation policy is changed and that happening has about as much chance as a snow flake surviving in hell.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:42 AM   #11
SlowRain
Addict

Thanks, ivanjt. That's pretty much what I figured. I don't have this problem often as most websites let you choose the language. I understand the publishing industry's misguided reasoning behind geo-restrictions, but I'm really disappointed that a company like Google isn't at least a little brighter.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
SlowRain
Addict

(Courtesy of someone's reply on another discussion forum.)

For others who may be having the language problem I mentioned above, you simply add /hl=en after the address. It looks something like this:

https://market.android.com/?hl=en