Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #31
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
Has anybody got this VNC Server working on a Kindle Paperwhite?
I tried.. but the install file (.bin) mysteriously disappears from the root folder before i can install it.. I have backdoorlock hack installed.. so tried unlocking/locking.. still doesn't work.. Other install files remain and are recognised for update..
That's because the .bin is only packaged for the Kindle Touch.
Code:
$ kindletool extract update_x11vnc_install.bin ex
[...]
Devices        2
Device         Kindle 5 Touch Wifi
Device         Kindle 5 Touch Wifi+3G
[...]
You can (at your own risk) extract and repackage it for your Paperwhite using kindletool. But be aware that it has seemingly not been tested on the Paperwhite. It's not very likely, but in the worst case, you could end up with a bricked device.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #32
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
You can (at your own risk) extract and repackage it for your Paperwhite using kindletool. But be aware that it has seemingly not been tested on the Paperwhite. It's not very likely, but in the worst case, you could end up with a bricked device.
Understood.. will wait.. till maybe knc1 tries it out on his spare PWs..
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Understood.. will wait.. till maybe knc1 tries it out on his spare PWs..
Will add to the to-do list.
But not very high on the to-do list, since I don't use this feature.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #34
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
...But be aware that it has seemingly not been tested on the Paperwhite. It's not very likely, but in the worst case, you could end up with a bricked device.
Hmm.. twobob has a PW.. which he sometimes seems to vnc into..

So.. twobob.. how do you do it..?
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 10:56 PM   #35
dkudriavtsev
dkudriavtsev began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
reuploaded at http://u.dk0.us/x11vnc_kindle.zip
dkudriavtsev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #36
phoenix512
Enthusiast
phoenix512 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2
Thanks for the tool. I need some assistance. I have PW2, jailbrocken with KUAL.
I think the next step is to create a folder name "export" and copy the x11vnc folder into it. In the next step, I copied x11VNCServer extension folder into the extension folder in the root. Is it right?
What is the next step? I use Windows 10
phoenix512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:06 PM   #37
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Hmm.. twobob has a PW.. which he sometimes seems to vnc into..

So.. twobob.. how do you do it..?
twobob is gone.
Either dead, dying, or just not interested any longer.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 03:46 PM   #38
phoenix512
Enthusiast
phoenix512 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix512 View Post
Thanks for the tool. I need some assistance. I have PW2, jailbrocken with KUAL.
I think the next step is to create a folder name "export" and copy the x11vnc folder into it. In the next step, I copied x11VNCServer extension folder into the extension folder in the root. Is it right?
What is the next step? I use Windows 10
I think my question seems so stupid for you, so you don't answer it. but I can not help it. If just somebody gives me some clue!
phoenix512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 04:37 PM   #39
topongo
topongo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 4
Hiii, it appears the link in the main post is broken ...
can someone send me an old file or to another thread?
topongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 06:08 AM   #40
imyellow
imyellow began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Thanks for this perfect extensions.

Which keyboard keys does it support?
like press up/down to turn page

Can it support some keys to adjust brightness or support pageUp pageDown.
If supported, I can use my bluetooth flip pen
imyellow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher, launcher add-ons