Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
WarStreet
WarStreet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch with ads
Question Kindle with special offers / Ads in Europe functionality

Hi,

I am in Europe - Malta, and I am lucky enough to be able to get a Kindle Touch with special offers with the help of a US friend coming here to my country. She is also interested to get one for herself too and she is going to use it here in Malta for a long time.

Since the special offers are not available outside US, the device would still function correctly here in Malta ? I prefer to look at the ads instead of the standard screensaver. Note that being from Malta, we have to purchase our Kindle and e-books from the Amazon.com site only, but the touch is not available in Europe at the moment.

Anyone used a kindle with ads in Europe and managed to get new updated ads without any functionality problem ?

Thanks
WarStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Kindle will work absolutely fine, but you won't be able to take advantage of any of the special offers.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
It's not 3G, then no worries :-) The wifi protocol is the same everywhere.

I wish I had done the same! I paid my K3 almost 200 USD with exchange rate, customs, and crazy European taxation.

Ciao!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #4
fum
Zealot
fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWII
I have a K3 with special offers, and living in Denmark.
No probs.
fum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:26 AM   #5
WarStreet
WarStreet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch with ads
Thanks all for your help. Seems I won't have any problem.
WarStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
No problem! Enjoy the reading!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 04:28 AM   #7
cgromte
Banned
cgromte began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Are those of you in Europe not getting the offers at all on the SO Kindles, or they just come as normal but can't be used?
cgromte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ads, europe, kindle, kso, special offers