Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-25-2020, 09:51 PM   #4756
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Another question: Is there a way to disable "update ePub cover" for anthologies? I don't see it in the dialog. Thank you.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:53 PM   #4757
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A small request: When using the anthology creation/update dialogs, is it possible to disable whatever bit of code causes a URL to always be pasted on a new line?

While it's usually helpful to prevent accidentally smooshing lines together, it makes it a bit difficult to try to rearrange the order of the URLs because it always pastes to the last line.

Here's some steps to replicate:
1. Open the anthology from URLs dialog.
2. Type in two lines, abc and def.
3. Select def and cut it.
4. Try to paste it above abc.

No matter what I tried, 'def' always ended up on the bottom line.

I can also confirm that this happens on the anthology update. In fact I discovered this while fixing an anthology where the fics were in the wrong order (possibly because I failed to notice this behaviour before).

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-26-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Advert
Old 10-26-2020, 01:46 PM   #4758
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Another question: Is there a way to disable "update ePub cover" for anthologies? I don't see it in the dialog. Thank you.
Internally, the code explicitly sets updateepubcover true for anthologies. I honestly don't recall why, but it's been there since anthology was first added in Feb 2013.

If I'm reading this correctly (it's been a long time), when the 'Update Epub Cover' checkbox is OFF, internally, [overrides] never_make_cover:true is temporarily added to the INI settings.

It might work to set never_make_cover:true manually for the story URLs in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
A small request: When using the anthology creation/update dialogs, is it possible to disable whatever bit of code causes a URL to always be pasted on a new line?
This is a side-effect of the code that allows URLs to be drag-n-dropped into the Story URLs list box from browsers or other sources of MimeData. That code is even older than anthology.

I remember not being able to figure out how to separate 'paste' from 'drop' at the time, but I'll take another look at it now and see if there's a way.

No promises--that sort of GUI interaction is often a compromise on the least broken implementation that still works on linux, mac and windows.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 02:25 PM   #4759
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I was able to fix it by copying the URLs into Notepad2 and rearranging them in there.

I use the drag and drop on occasion. It's useful for browser....sadly it doesn't really work for Thunderbird's RSS reader (I can't drag the URL from the header, neither FFNet or AO3's RSSes have the URL within the message body, and trying to drag it from the message list pastes in the location of the EML file instead) but that's a problem on Thunderbird's end.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-26-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:10 PM   #4760
talldarkknight
talldarkknight began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKonan View Post
The test version worked for me. Was able to update 3 books
Thanks for informing that the test version worked. If not for your comment I would have forgot to check the test version.

Once again thanks to Jimm for keeping on top of various site changes.

How does one DM or private message other on this forum?
talldarkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2020, 03:26 PM   #4761
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Usually you click on a username and there's an option there. MR restricts it for new users though. See this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819
Old 10-26-2020, 03:29 PM   #4762
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talldarkknight View Post
Thanks for informing that the test version worked. If not for your comment I would have forgot to check the test version.

Once again thanks to Jimm for keeping on top of various site changes.

How does one DM or private message other on this forum?
To prevent spam, MobileRead forbids 'new' users from sending PMs or making posts without a Moderator approving them for the first 'so many' posts.

I do not know what the values are for 'new' and 'so many', but I think it's like 10 post?
Old 10-26-2020, 05:14 PM   #4763
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Another replace_metadata issue, with this fic somehow ending up with two categories: "The Elder Scrolls" and "Crossover."

Code:
## Category standardization and deduplication
 category=>\([0-9]+\)|\(Video Game\)|\(Video Games\)|(|- Fandom\(Movies\)|\(Movie [0-9]+\)|\(Comics\)|\(TV\))$=>
 category=>(^Elder Scroll series$|^Elder Scrolls$|Elder Scrolls Online|An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire|Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind|Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion|Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)=>The Elder Scrolls
List of categories from the metadata column:
Code:
Elder Scrolls
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Elder Scrolls Online
An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire (Video Game)
Any ideas what's going on? I had this same problem with one of the 2001/2010 fics too (even after resolving the exact-match problem) so it'd be nice to figure it out.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-26-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:24 PM   #4764
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

For comparison, the other fic flagged as "crossover" happened with this fic and this regex:

Code:
 category=>(^2010: The Year We Make Contact $|^Space Odyssey Series - Arthur C. Clarke$)=>2001: A Space Odyssey
Here's the categories:
Code:
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)
Space Odyssey Series - Arthur C. Clarke

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-26-2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:28 PM   #4765
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Something odd I just noticed on the title pages of both fics.

"The Elder Scrolls, The Elder Scrolls , Crossover"
"2001: A Space Odyssey, 2001: A Space Odyssey , Crossover"

Somehow both of my regexes produce a duplicate entry with a space at the end. I think this might be a side effect of the standardization regex?

EDIT: I resolved it! Putting a space at the beginning of each of the patterns in the first regex resolved it (I removed the space from the 2010 pattern). I don't know why it fixed it though.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-26-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:39 PM   #4766
fanficaddicted1
fanficaddicted1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Bookmarks on AO3

I use AO3's bookmark notes area to keep track of the most recent chapter read. I'm moving fics to Calibre and cannot figure out how to create a column that will automatically pull bookmark info using Fanficfare. I have tried

bookmarked_label:I Bookmarked Story

bookmarktags_label:My Bookmark Tags

bookmarksummary_label:My Bookmark Summary

nothing works for me. Any ideas?
fanficaddicted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:43 PM   #4767
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Do you have always_login set as true?

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
## In order to get bookmarktags and bookmarksummary, you need to login
## all the time.  This defaults to off to save time and network
## traffic.  Requires valid AO3 username and password when true.
#always_login:false
Old 10-26-2020, 06:47 PM   #4768
fanficaddicted1
fanficaddicted1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
It is set as true.
fanficaddicted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:34 PM   #4769
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Setting labels doesn't cause metadata to appear anywhere--it just changes the labels.

You do have to have always_login:true for FFF to collect bookmark info.

However, you also have to tell FFF where you want it to go. To put it in the title page inside the book, you can do:

add_to_extra_titlepage_entries:bookmarks,bookmarke d,bookmarktags,bookmarksummary

If you want it in a custom column, you'll need to create the column(s) and set the values using custom_columns_settings.

I don't remember what is collected in the bookmark entries, so I don't know what would be appropriate.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #4770
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I don't know if it'll work (don't use the feature myself) but you could try

Code:
custom_columns_settings: 
 bookmarktags=>#bookmarktagcolumn
 bookmarksummary=>#bookmarksummcolumn
Obviously replace it with your actual column names

Tags
fanfiction