Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-08-2020, 11:21 AM   #151
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I was thinking about Bookerly no having hinting and not looking good at a smallish size with current Kindle firmware (or current enough) and I decided to give ChareInk a go at adding hinting and with the firmware 5.13.2 on my PW3, ChareInk does look better. It seem the font handling for the Kindle prefers hinted fonts. So I've added the two version with hinting tot he first post of this thread. So if you have a Kindle and are using ChareInk, please download the hinted version(s) of your choice and replace what you are using.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 05:36 AM   #152
Camellia
She / Her
Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Camellia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks for keeping this font updated, JSWolf. The hinted version does look better.
Camellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #153
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
Thanks for keeping this font updated, JSWolf. The hinted version does look better.
You're very welcome.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:12 AM   #154
Simboubou
Connoisseur
Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'll start my next read with this and see how it feels.
Simboubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:19 AM   #155
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simboubou View Post
I'll start my next read with this and see how it feels.
I'd like to know your opinion. Thanks.
Advert
Old 09-16-2020, 07:49 PM   #156
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
removed

Last edited by Pjama; 09-18-2020 at 07:37 AM.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:10 AM   #157
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
removed

Last edited by Pjama; 09-18-2020 at 07:36 AM.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 01:00 AM   #158
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
I’ve just tried this in the NoWeight-Hinted version on my 2019 Basic Kindle. I normally don’t like serif fonts. I didn’t mind Bookerly, but I actually like this. Thanks!
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:21 AM   #159
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaby View Post
I’ve just tried this in the NoWeight-Hinted version on my 2019 Basic Kindle. I normally don’t like serif fonts. I didn’t mind Bookerly, but I actually like this. Thanks!
Glad you like it.
Old 09-19-2020, 07:22 AM   #160
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've been using the hinted version on my H2O and it's working well. So for Kobo, you can use either the non-hinted or the hinted.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:13 AM   #161
Simboubou
Connoisseur
Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I've read a good amount of pages now. I used to read in Times New Roman.

I like it. Serifs seem to be slightly smaller, and overall the font seems to occupy a bit more space, which mean I can comfortably read at a font scale that still permit a good number of lines per page. Also, the font remains very "Times-like", which is important to me (I couldn't switch to bookerly because of that).

Good work !
Simboubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:09 AM   #162
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I just installed this now and "BYE BYE BOOKERLY"
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:50 PM   #163
Gandulf
Addict
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Seems to be the same as Dalton Maag, so have to agree that it is a nice font.
Gandulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 02:17 PM   #164
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Thank you. Glad you like ChareInk.
Old 10-23-2020, 12:44 AM   #165
romevi
Enthusiast
romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.romevi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Likebook Mars
Blugh. I miss this typeface. My Likebook Mars decided to brick itself so once I get that fixed I can enjoy this beautiful lettering once again.
romevi is offline   Reply With Quote