Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-15-2020, 09:25 PM   #976
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
I've got a local change to this plugin that adds "move up/down 10" and "move to top/bottom" buttons as my reading list now has about 200 entries and adding something new to the list but wanted to move it to the top was a little painful to say the least.

Is there any interest in these changes? If so, what's the best way to share them? I can do a unix style diff or just post my working ZIP file of the plugin. Note that I couldn't find any existing button images for the new buttons, so I've made up some very average looking ones myself.
The GitHub is here so perhaps if you submitted a pull request Jim would incorporate it?
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:09 PM   #977
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I basically never use that dialog, so I don't have a strong opinion.

I will point out, however, that you can easily move the bottom entry to the top of the list by selecting all the entries *except* the last one and click the 'move down' button. Now the last is first.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2020, 10:28 PM   #978
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
The GitHub is here so perhaps if you submitted a pull request Jim would incorporate it?
Ah cool, that makes it easy. Will have a go at that. Thanks!
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:32 PM   #979
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I will point out, however, that you can easily move the bottom entry to the top of the list by selecting all the entries *except* the last one and click the 'move down' button. Now the last is first.
Oh that's an interesting way of doing it. A little more tedious but gets the same results overall.

I still like the workflow of my patch (requires much less thought to use) so I'll have a go at making a patch against your github repo. Maybe someone else can even make better looking buttons .

Edit: If nothing else, having my patch in github will make updates easier for me even if no one else uses the change anyway!
Old 10-16-2020, 02:31 AM   #980
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

Jim- I think I've sent a pull request? I'm still a bit new with the whole git way of life. I'm not expecting you to do anything with it straight away, even if just because the button icon changes will be controversial .

If anyone else wants to have a look, what's changed is here.
Advert
Old 10-16-2020, 12:29 PM   #981
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did look at it and give you some comments: PR #1

I think your icons are fine, it's the bugs that concern me.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:33 PM   #982
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
I see that the plugin does not have support for translations, I offer to translate it, if you wish.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:07 PM   #983
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

If you are saying you want to add the code to support translations, you're welcome to give it a try.

If you're asking me to do the code changes so you can contribute a translation, I don't have the time or interest right now. Sorry.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:28 AM   #984
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I did look at it and give you some comments: PR #1

I think your icons are fine, it's the bugs that concern me.
I never thought to test it with an empty list! I've been using this for 6 months maybe and haven't noticed any problems, but only ever on a long existing list. Thanks, will have a look.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:19 PM   #985
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I decided to repurpose the Column Update Options:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-19 17_17_15-Customize Reading List.png
Views:	120
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	182885

I would have expected this to remove any value in the #kobocoll (tag-like) column. It didn't. Is it even possible?
Old 10-19-2020, 04:22 PM   #986
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

No, RL isn't going to glob for you.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:23 PM   #987
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Ok. Thank you. I'll just set up a column icon to remind me to manually remove it.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #988
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Btw what does glob mean in this context?

EDIT: Ah, Wiktionary informs:

Quote:
(programming) A limited pattern matching technique using wildcards, less powerful than a regular expression.
Do regexes work in that field?

EDIT: I tried a simple [a-z]. Seems not. Worth a try anyways.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-19-2020 at 04:35 PM.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:40 AM   #989
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Btw what does glob mean in this context?
glob * is equivalent to regex .* (mostly)
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:22 AM   #990
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Glob = A lump of a semi-liquid substance
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote