Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM   #4756
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Test Version Posted

2020-10-25
- Change seriesHTML to not be filled without series.
- Fix for Xenforo2 change (SB/SV)
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #4757
ownedbycats
Guru
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Confirm that the new seriesHTML fix worked. Thank you.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM   #4758
tectonictigress
tectonictigress began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Did you say that you'd cleared all values for that metadata entry? FFF doesn't set custom columns to a metadata value if it's empty. I don't remember the exact reasons why it works that way.
No, I hadn't cleared anything from how the metadata was originally brought in, I was just updating personal.ini and the fic, and checking Update Calibre Metadata - this was just for the Tags column read in by default, not for a specific custom column

Quote:
There's a version history in the first post of the thread, there are posts in the thread for every new version (and test version), and release notes for every release in the repo
Yes, as I said I know about the release notes, the one in the first post is to me not obvious that the minimum_calibre_version comment relates to version compatibility, as someone who is new to this particular context - I was more or less hoping something regarding the version compatibility would be mentioned as part of the README or more overt on first post in the thread, rather than having to search through release notes, similar to how Calibre notes the required version based on the OS version on their download page (https://calibre-ebook.com/download_osx) - thank you for clarifying what I should look for in the future
tectonictigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #4759
ownedbycats
Guru
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another question: Is there a way to disable "update ePub cover" for anthologies? I don't see it in the dialog. Thank you.
Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM   #4760
ownedbycats
Guru

A small request: When using the anthology creation/update dialogs, is it possible to disable whatever bit of code causes a URL to always be pasted on a new line?

While it's usually helpful to prevent accidentally smooshing lines together, it makes it a bit difficult to try to rearrange the order of the URLs because it always pastes to the last line.

Here's some steps to replicate:
1. Open the anthology from URLs dialog.
2. Type in two lines, abc and def.
3. Select def and cut it.
4. Try to paste it above abc.

No matter what I tried, 'def' always ended up on the bottom line.

I can also confirm that this happens on the anthology update. In fact I discovered this while fixing an anthology where the fics were in the wrong order (possibly because I failed to notice this behaviour before).

Last edited by ownedbycats; Today at 02:09 AM.