Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-20-2020, 10:02 AM   #991
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glob_(programming)
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 11:57 AM   #992
ownedbycats
Guru
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Glob = A lump of a semi-liquid substance
That's close to what Merriam-Webster said. So I checked Wiktionary, which is helpful for a lot of more niche/industry terms.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #993
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
That's close to what Merriam-Webster said. So I checked Wiktionary, which is helpful for a lot of more niche/industry terms.
It's what the Oxford English dictionary said. I looked it up using the Oxford English dictionary that Kobo now uses.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 02:46 PM   #994
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Attached

2020-10-23
- snarkophilus' Move up/down 10 & to top/bottom of list in Edit.
- Fix for not always detecting 'last' or 'first' selected item correctly in Edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I did look at it and give you some comments: PR #1

I think your icons are fine, it's the bugs that concern me.
snarkophilus rightly pointed out that the problem I found testing his code wasn't actually in his code. In my defense, I don't use Edit list.

I still find the wait times involved in using the new features to move many items in larges lists up and down excessive--think bubble sort. But again, I don't use Edit.

Is it acceptable as is, or does snarkophilus need to go figure out how to move items without bubbling?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reading List.zip (291.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-23-2020, 07:42 PM   #995
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
I still find the wait times involved in using the new features to move many items in larges lists up and down excessive--think bubble sort. But again, I don't use Edit.
I agree that the wait times aren't good at all. I'll point out that a single longish wait is still better than clicking the up botton as many times as there are items in your list .

Quote:
Is it acceptable as is, or does snarkophilus need to go figure out how to move items without bubbling?
I'll keep looking at this, especially as it's likely that my main readling list seems to grow over time and not shrink .
snarkophilus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 08:52 PM   #996
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
I agree that the wait times aren't good at all. I'll point out that a single longish wait is still better than clicking the up botton as many times as there are items in your list .
Select all the books above, press down once. Work smarter, not harder.

Or look at how that works and how it could be duplicated to reduce the looping.

Not something I care about, but I wonder why nobody's ever asked for an add-to-the-top setting as an alternative to the standard add-to-the-bottom lists? Or maybe it came up before I came in.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:13 PM   #997
ownedbycats
Guru
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I do recall thinking "hmm, it'd be nice to add this to the top of the list" once or twice but I don't think I ever posted about it.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:45 AM   #998
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Select all the books above, press down once. Work smarter, not harder.
Oh you did mention that before, and now I remember that this was a good idea ... and I'd somehow forgotten about it already.

Quote:
Or look at how that works and how it could be duplicated to reduce the looping.
Will look at this a bit more. I also do use the move up/down 10 rows a bit (often with a few clicks to move 20/30/40 rows), but that isn't a slow operation so I could do that the current way I do now if I can optimise the move to top/bottom.
snarkophilus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:30 PM   #999
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
I shouldn't have updated the plugin.

I don't know when but some time ago the "show default list" shortcut must have been switched and is now obviously 14 (?? f14 I guess).
How to I change it back to the old shift+v instead of the da** f14??

I'll never again update a plugin - there is no use for it if it is working and only trouble.
:/
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:47 PM   #1000
ownedbycats
Guru

Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Shortcuts > Search for "Reading List"
Old 10-24-2020, 07:11 PM   #1001
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Reading List doesn't assign any keyboard shortcuts to actual keys--it just makes them available for you to assign as you see fit.

Calibre, by default, appears to assigns Shift-V to 'Continue reading previous book'. You may need to unassign it (by changing that to a 'Custom' key setting) before you can re-assign it.

Also, in Reading List config, under the 'Other' tab, there's a button for 'Keyboard Shortcuts' that will take you directly to RL's shortcuts.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #1002
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Thank you.
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote