Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-08-2020, 09:39 PM   #271
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Some particular versions can be jailbroken. Send a PM to:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/member.php?u=27409

Include:

Serial: (first 12 digits)
Retailer/Store:
Color:
Storage:
Special Offers:
Network:
Firmware:

She may be able to help you jailbreak with software. Beyond that you will need to follow the serial jailbreak thread.

Dave
Thanks! I had no idea that it could POSSIBLY be done...
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:17 AM   #272
a11233456789
a11233456789 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3
I've jailbroken my PW3 5.9.6.1 with all the steps done. Can i upgrade my firmware to any higher firmware that < 5.12.4 now without break my JB?
a11233456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:09 PM   #273
Simoorg
Simoorg began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi there

If I buy a current nw german or french Kindle Paperwhite | Waterproof, 6" High-Resolution Display, 8GB—with Special Offers—Black

Am I going to be able to jb it with instructions ? Oo
Simoorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:32 PM   #274
Laice
Laice began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 3
i now have a jailbroken pw4 but is there any way to get the blutooth functionallity back?
Laice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 04:23 PM   #275
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laice View Post
i now have a jailbroken pw4 but is there any way to get the blutooth functionallity back?
Have you reinstalled customer firmware over the factory firmware? I have a jailbroken pw4 running 5.10.1.3 firmware and I developed a bluetooth media player with it so the bluetooth audio works fine.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:34 AM   #276
UnterSteom
UnterSteom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simoorg View Post
Hi there

If I buy a current nw german or french Kindle Paperwhite | Waterproof, 6" High-Resolution Display, 8GB—with Special Offers—Black

Am I going to be able to jb it with instructions ? Oo
I bought the Paperwhite you mentioned above recently on amazon.de and was able to jailbreak the device. "ilovejedd" send me a step-by-step instruction to do so.
UnterSteom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 04:42 PM   #277
Pamelala
Pamelala began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
At first reboot twice. Reinstall KUAL. If doesn't help try
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...3&postcount=26
My Oasis 2017 was also jailbroken before. Now it is updated to 5.13.3. I think my jailbreak is gone but the thing is... If I try the "emergency-bridge-recovery" the files are gone after a restart so that is hopefull but when I try to install the JB hotfix it gives an update error (something is wrong with the update file). And the same thing when I try to install KUAL Booklet hotfix (Update error) and when I try to do it via ;log mrpi nothing happens. Time to give up?
Pamelala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 07:21 PM   #278
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@Pamelala: The hotfix haven't been repackaged for 5.13.3 yet.

ProTip: If the snapshots timestamp predates the FW release date, it's not going to work.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:46 PM   #279
katadelos
katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!katadelos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle KT2
Just added a couple more sets of links to factory image downloads to the wiki page (rclone and a cheap VPS makes this a hell of a lot quicker than doing it manually ). As with the rest of the image downloads, make sure that you've downloaded the correct image for your device and that the md5sum checks out.
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote