Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #16
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
I would advise choosing a name which is not a common (and short to boot) word. Googling for such projects can be a bitch...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #17
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
Nice to see people engaging into this
Alas, I believe you will do a great job producing a name and a logo.

Go for it!
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 03:24 AM   #18
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Just at least take care the name doesnt produce something like this when entered on an Ubuntu machine:
Quote:
axel@woodstock:~$ jam
The program 'jam' can be found in the following packages:
* bjam
* jam
* ftjam
Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>
There are 3 conflicts already!

It should be something like this:
Quote:
axel@woodstock:~$ jamx
bash: jamx: command not found
Personally I prefer names for my project that are an unique combination enough, so I know that after a few days after setting up the homepage, people will find it as first hit on google when they entered that name. With "jam" you will likely never be in the first 1000 hits even :-)
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote